Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just thought I would put this out there for some ideas/help.

Last February purchased a 2013 Elantra Coupe SE. Love the car. Runs great and have used it for a few longer trips with no problem. While cleaning the car during the fall, scratched the Navigation unit screen up in a few places with some sort of small rockish like object that was embedded in a towel.

I've been looking into replacing the nav unit screen, but seems the cost could be anywhere from 500-a couple grand just for a replacement screen! I've looked into some of the creams and ointments to apply, and none of those worked.

Does anybody have a similar story with a positive outcome or any websites that may have a solution closer to the 500 dollar range?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hey guys,

Just thought I would put this out there for some ideas/help.

Last February purchased a 2013 Elantra Coupe SE. Love the car. Runs great and have used it for a few longer trips with no problem. While cleaning the car during the fall, scratched the Navigation unit screen up in a few places with some sort of small rockish like object that was embedded in a towel.

I've been looking into replacing the nav unit screen, but seems the cost could be anywhere from 500-a couple grand just for a replacement screen! I've looked into some of the creams and ointments to apply, and none of those worked.

Does anybody have a similar story with a positive outcome or any websites that may have a solution closer to the 500 dollar range?

Thanks!
I wonder if you purchased those screen protectors used on Tablets (10")
would cover up the scratches ??? check out Amazon this might solve your problem.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I use a product to clean monitors called Plexus that hides many small scratches, and cleans screens better than anything I've ever seen. Also antistatic, so less dust. BTW, I would never use anything except a clean microfiber cloth on that screen. Sorry your cloth was contaminated. I keep a couple of new mf cloths in the glove box all the time. The product is great for all plastic stuff.
Plexus Plastic Cleaner, Polish and Protectant for Convertible Top Window Care, Headlight and Taillight Lenses Instrument Panels

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a plastic motorcycle windshield and use spray Lemon Pledge to clean and reduce how noticeable fine scratches appear on it. Might try that.

If nothing else is effective, try Novus #2 fine scratch plastic polish, or make enquiries if it may work for the screen. I have used it on and it works, but not aggressively.
NOVUS Plastic Polish
if there is no distributor near you.. can be purchased on Amazon or eBay. Read some Amazon reviews on it.
It will probably remove any anti-glare coating that might be on the screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts