Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a local repair shop replace my front wheel bearings just over a year ago with parts that I supplied. At the time the car was 8 years old with 136k miles. In the past few weeks, I have noticed a constant "whirring" coming from the left wheel bearing that was replaced.

I still have the reciept for their repair and it states that no guarantee will be warrented to defective parts and is only limited to labor.

Does anyone know of a way to prove that the shop did a faulty repair or will they just tell me it is a faulty part, or should i just bite the bullet and have it replaced again.

Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Registered
957 Posts
You are in a classic he said/she said scenario.. you can claim it was their labour, they can say it was your parts.. ask if they would do the "free" labour if you got them the parts again..

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Nobody's forcing you to go there. I'd ask around and see if you can find a better repair shop in your area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
just over a year ago
I don't know any dealers here that would warranty a repair over 12months.

with parts that I supplied.
Are you sure of the quality of the part you provided...
Many low cost aftermarket "chinese" parts (even brand names) are so cheap that you should count yourself lucky that it lasted a year.

What makes you think their work is the problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't imagine anyone offering you a labour warranty after a year. The technician would have to be a real screw-up to do something wrong installing a wheel bearing assy.

My question is, was there a brand name on the parts you purchased, or did they come in the ubiquitous "white box"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts