Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2010 Santa Fe two days ago. I live in Brooklyn where people don't think twice about backing/pulling into your car to get into a parking spot. I am going to be picking up a Bull Bar for the front and wanted to know if anyone had found a nice looking rear bumper guard?

Here is the front bumper guard:
Front Grill

Found these two for rear but not liking either too much.
Rear Bumper Guard
Rear Guard

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Personally, I would put the money towards a future bumper-repainting fund. I've never liked faux-butch accessories on CUVs, and suspect that some of them could actually increase the damage to your vehicle by transmitting impact forces to areas of the frame that were not designed for it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You are right, I don't like the looks either. You might want to look at installing a platform hitch.
THey have some bumper guards that install like a ball hitch. That way if they hit you, the impact goes to the frame.
I had a 2005 Santa Fe with the ball in the class 3 hitch when rear ended. Didn't even break the bumper reflectors or tail lights
but did total the Santi as the frame was bent enough to wrinkle the roof.

Here is one idea

http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Accessory_...Hitch_Step.aspx

Just a though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (bnelsonr @ Aug 13 2010, 07:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349213
Three weeks after I put the -600 model on my '09 Limited, I was sitting at a traffic light and got hit from the rear. No damage to me whatsoever, but that stainless steel tube made a real mess of the plastic front of the car that didn't want to stop. I was 600 miles from home at the time, so it more than paid for itself when you consider having to deal with damage occurring away from home.

Other driver's first words: "But I had my foot on the brake, sir!" Uh huh.

Bob

·
Registered
283 Posts
bobfiegel,

As I said in my previous post the ball in the hitch stopped the guy that ran into me.
I have heard of others putting on a class 3 hitch just for being rear ended. No intention of pulling anything.

How does the 600 look? Pictures? I don't have one but it should like it did the job. Must be substantial if it took the impact.

Maybe I will get one. Should look better than a 2" ball.

Bruce

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like the look of the 600 model better than the large bumper guard. Plus it will allow me to get a bike rack too.

Next question, what is a good trailer hitch for the 2010? I have found some that are half the price of the Hyundai one from the dealer but want to make sure its good.

·
Registered
398 Posts
QUOTE (godhead7 @ Aug 17 2010, 06:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349913
I do like the look of the 600 model better than the large bumper guard. Plus it will allow me to get a bike rack too.

Next question, what is a good trailer hitch for the 2010? I have found some that are half the price of the Hyundai one from the dealer but want to make sure its good.

I found these from etrailer dawt com. Hidden Hitch and Draw-tite are both reputable brands.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The hitches from e-trailer are about the best price for a god hitch. I put on on both my 05 & 09 Santa Fe bought from e-trailer. They have very good instruction on installing them. They come with the bolts & the Santa Fe's are already drilled & tapped. If you have the proper wrenches you can do it yourself.
About a 30 minute job. If you need a wiring harness, they have them also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If/whenYou get the 600 pics would be good. Anything to prevent my bumper getting dinged again would be nice, but I have to offset that with the fact that I don't want my Santy to look like a Jeep...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I received my 600 hitch step today.
Here are 2 pictures. It goes straight into the receiver. Wish it was a little higher. Guess I could do a little welding.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts