Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 18" sonata wheels that have a PVD chrome finish on them. I can't stand the look of the brake dust colour 17's that come on the SFs. A buddy of mine put a 245 60 18 tire on my summer sonata wheel so I could see how it looked sitting in the well . I'm looking for opinions from fellow members as to how it looks.
Thanks for your time

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have 18" sonata wheels that have a PVD chrome finish on them. I can't stand the look of the brake dust colour 17's that come on the SFs. A buddy of mine put a 245 60 18 tire on my summer sonata wheel so I could see how it looked sitting in the well . I'm looking for opinions from fellow members as to how it looks.
Thanks for your time
Oops. Somehow my pic is upside down. But when you click on it reverts. Lol.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The look is better.. but be very careful as to what size tire/rim combo you're putting on it. If you don't keep the same "overall" size - it will mess up your speedometer.

As the base SFS comes with 17's, and the SE/Limited comes with 19's - the overall tire size stays the same, as the sidewalls get smaller to make up for the bigger rim.
If you don't have thesame overall size, it'll be messed up.

Looks good though - or just go get new pie plates to pop on.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The picture is still upside down for me when I click on it. LOL
So I really can't appreciate the look. But I've seen this wheel before and like it a lot. I'd be more than happy to have it in place of my 17s. I just can't justify the cost for 4 new wheels and good tires.

As you probably know, the current size tire for 17" wheels on the SFS is 235 65 17. The 19" wheels are 235 55 19. 235 60 18 would probably be the right number. 245 may be needed for the width of the 18" Sonata wheel. I don't know.

Please post the picture right side up when you have all 4 wheels done so I can drool. :)

How much do you estimate the total cost to be?
John

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI John. Well the wheels themselves would be about 1000USD. Tires ~ 800ish?
In the spring I will definitely post some more pics. Greasy side down lol.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I do like those wheels, and even though they are Hyundai wheels, they will set your SFS apart from others. That said, if you had the option of selling those puppies for a grand, that would open a very large door of options for an after-market set of wheels. And, with after-market, you may be able to get a set with slightly lower offset to give your SF a slightly more aggressive stance. Just a thought.

·
Banned
358 Posts
Those look nice, but coming from a Sonata to this SFR I would ditch the 2011-2012 Sonata wheels and get a the 2013 or 2014 Sonata wheels. The width of the Sonata is 7.5" and it normally comes with a 225/45R18 tire. 245's would work just fine on them if you wanted to upgrade past the 235's.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hmm....I like them better than original wheels.

Oh, I fixed the picture so people can stop flipping over their monitors :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts