Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so right now i have about 4-5 cans of matte black plastidip still left over...debating on just doing my stock 18's black, or getting the vintage gold plastidip

like seen here

hoping for maybe this look: (but maybe since i did already so much in black it may not look good?)

so anyways i did a few photoshops and some others from the DYC forum did a few for me as well.

here are some before-after with black & gold photoshops....let me know what you all think!

Original

Black

Original

Black

Gold

Original

Black

Gold

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I dont think I would go with the gold personally.
the matte black ties in with the black on the tail lights/ door handles etc.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would say no go on the gold rims ... Black makes sense and does look good.. If you plan on continuing going all black everything then I would go with that... Or consider doing a black/gun medal custom mix. That's what my Plasti-Dip rim color is.. Then again if your doing it yourself, not sure you have the materials needed for customize colors and such.

Anyhow, great looking car.

·
22,793 Posts
I like the color of the stock look.

FMe right?
I have to agree with the original stock color of the rims. But what do I know? I'm old school where chrome once ruled the world. And it still does on most rods and customs.

Had chrome been one of his selections? Oh, boy!!!!! :thumbsup: But, {{{sigh}}}, it wasn't! :(

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone wanna do a gunmetal photoshop for me then? I can't seem to find a gunmetal type color to overlay and fade

·
Registered
699 Posts
The original color is best. Lord knows you have enough black detail on your car. The original looks good and stands out. There is no need to change everything! My opinion and I don't like the plastic coat stuff. Cheap looking to me. I must be old school too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The original color is best. Lord knows you have enough black detail on your car. The original looks good and stands out. There is no need to change everything! My opinion and I don't like the plastic coat stuff. Cheap looking to me. I must be old school too.
As always to each his own.. But I've seen a good number of plasti-dipped rims(and total cars) that look amazing. As if they were factory , off the show room floor . I love mine.. And knowing I could change the color anytime is just cool haha. I don't ever plan on it but it's a nice option. Plus the place I got it done at(for $200, all 4 rims) will touch up any scratches for free.

When I was up there getting them done I saw a EVO that was FULLY plasti-dipped a custom color.. Amazing. He said they did the entire car(no door jams though) for $800. Guaranteed two years.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
i know a guy who plasti-dipped his whole car and then rattle canned the car after... just peeled off the overspray... works awesome.

I would do the gunmetal color rims... having reviewed this thread.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would go with the Antracite Grey. I have a silver Sonata and I think it would stand out more than the black or Gunmetal, but that's my opinion.

I also sent you a PM Rich. Had some questions about tinting your tail lights etc, but didn't want to hijack your thread.

Thanks in advance!

Car looks good man!

·
Registered
2015 Sonata 2.0T Sport Limited
105 Posts
I did anthracite gray on my dark blue sonata...Also did did all of the chrome accents in the anthracite as well.

Looks really nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts