Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My current TomTom is needing to be replaced and I'm considering switching to Android Auto. I'm interested in hearing what other Android Auto users think about it. TIA

·
Registered
652 Posts
I like Google Maps on Android Auto. My only other navigation exposure was the Navi on my Sonata head unit. I like Google Maps mucb better than that. I have read of people over the years having connection issues with Android Auto but I have never experienced that. Although I have always owned Google phones starting with the Nexus phones. I think people have better luck with Google phones(Pixels) rather than some others.

Now some vehicles have wireless AA, I'm not sure how that is working out for people. I have read of many problems with wireless Apple CarPlay.

I guess Google maps is always up to date which is nice. It advises you on construction zones and reroutes you. I have heard it say "there is a speed trap ahead". It presents you with route options with estimated times for each route.

Of course with AA itself you can also send and receive text messages and listen to music apps on your phone.

I should say we have a 2015 Sonata and a 2017 Elantra and both have never had an issue with AA but we both also have Google phones.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should say we have a 2015 Sonata and a 2017 Elantra and both have never had an issue with AA but we both also have Google phones.
I appreciate the reply, thanks! Have you had any problems with Android Auto using a lot of memory on your phones? Also, does it use a lot of data? Thanks again (y)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use AA all the time, with both Waze and Google Maps. Waze works well, but, is too close up on the map when close to where you need to turn. Google maps, has done much better for me in that area.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have never had a problem running AA on my phone. I have not paid attention to how much memory it consumes. Although I have always has Pixels lately and they have a good amount of memory to play with. Not sure if it could be a problem on a lesser Android phone like a cheapy from Walmart or something.

the data consumption has never been a problem either. Maps doesnt use data like listening to music does. I dont often listen to music with AA but maybe if you did it alot it could add up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts