Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 2013 6 cylinder has been showing “open door” with driver’s side showing open door. I open door while driving and close door. The signs disappear. Then shows up again. Lately it shows both sides (front door) open.

Anyone encountered this and how to resolve this .

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Door switches?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grcauto: thanks for your response. Signals show on dashboard: warning symbols. These symbols show up when door(s) not properly closed. Now, they come on and off

·
Registered
56 Posts
it was happen to my car last two week ago and the issue is from door latch itself
after i replace it the door light switch off once the door get closed and working perfectly

you might have same issue as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks helmi_zr . In your case did the symbol come on and off or continuous. And
Do I need to replace door latch for both driver side or both sides.
Thanks again

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
These symbols show up when door(s) not properly closed. Now, they come on and off
They are switches. If you don't know how they work I suggest you take it to a shop.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for you quick response. grcauto: you tickle my brain n love that for my age. Where are these switches located. Is it something DIY stuff? Googled n found “door jamb switch”. This is what you mean? Replace for driver’s side door or both doors? Honestly don’t know how to thank you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks helmi_zr . In your case did the symbol come on and off or continuous. And
Do I need to replace door latch for both driver side or both sides.
Thanks again

check the door by push in if the light off then the door latch need to be change
in my case was the left side (passenger door ) due the plastic cover inside the latch get damaged so i don't think they sale the plastic cover alone

as other say its better to send to workshop and see , unless you have experience how to fix by yourself
it was take from one one and half hour to change it because it was my first time :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Hilmi_zr1. Will try what you suggested. I don’t have much experience fixing things. Mechanics here are pathetic unless you go to the agency; it costs an arm and a leg . I live in Jeddah 😉 I would rather do thing myself as I am retired Thanks again Hilmi_zr1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts