Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DHi everyone!! I live in Lancaster, VA.....yeah, not PA!! I own a 2011 Sonata Limited. I have been in the Coast Guard for 13 years and I am currently station in Portsmouth, VA..... a 2hour drive from home to work! Sucks, but when I get home it is HOME!! I am married with 3 kids.....11 and 5 (twins)!

I have zero mods right now, but just got a partial sponsorship from D2 Racing, so first mod will be with their springs!! So far my interaction with them is great and ordered the springs this Thursday and they shipped same day and I will get them MONDAY!! They are in NC.... go check them out at D2Racing.com. They claim a drop of 2", but I will confirm that when I get this installed next week since I was not able to find a single review on the coils for the Sonata......plenty of people have used/reviewed the coil overs on the Sonata, but not the coils. If what I have read on the reviews I have found on the coils (Honda, Acura, Lexus, Mazda), they will lower more than 2".

I have not put up any pics of my car yet, but I will soon. I will definitely be putting up some before and after D2 pics!! I am pretty excited about getting these on!

The site is great and has a ton of information that seems very useful! And the people that I have interacted with so far have been great!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. Can't imagine driving 2 hours each way. Long day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Very much so!! I will provide the reasoning in a post one day though......it is a good reason and what I think about when I get to the point of being done with doing it each day.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!! :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome aboard mate! USCG if it wasn't for my asthma I had as a kid, I would of probably of meet ya once as I'm also on the east coast. Bastards still wouldn't accept me even with written doctor letters stating I grew out of it, and doesn't affect me anymore. Had really high scores on my ASVAB and everything. My uncle just retired out of NC base. Would of loved to get paid to be on a cutter everyday.

:00000732::00000732::00000732:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tmmyers that is one of the biggest disqualifies. I even saw applixants that just used an inhaler for bronchitis when young and that was grounds for disqualification. Sucks because a lot of people do grow out of it and would have made great coasties!

Thanks guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
480 Posts
Tmmyers that is one of the biggest disqualifies. I even saw applixants that just used an inhaler for bronchitis when young and that was grounds for disqualification. Sucks because a lot of people do grow out of it and would have made great coasties!

Thanks guys!

Yeah sure does... Lol oh well. Ya car is looking good, after the drop. I'd never lower my car, I'd be kicking myself everytime I heard a scrape. Bad roads in my neck of the woods. I'm happy the way she sits on my 18"s

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah sure does... Lol oh well. Ya car is looking good, after the drop. I'd never lower my car, I'd be kicking myself everytime I heard a scrape. Bad roads in my neck of the woods. I'm happy the way she sits on my 18"s
Thanks.....hoping it settles a little! I live in the country too and have crappie roads and I don't scrape at all. You would be fine with a mild drop of 1.5" or so. D2 claims 2" with mine but that is what I am hoping to see after a week.....plus I am ready to get my alignments my Coopers don't get messed up too much with uneven wear!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts