Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Sonata SE (2013). We've noticed that the Ltd models we see around town have Ltd marked on the right rear but the SEs just have the Hyundai emblem on the trunk (at least that's the way mine is).
Is this standard? Do any SEs have markings?
Just wondering.

·
22,793 Posts
That's the way it is for the Elantras. GLS has only the Elantra badge, upper left trunk lid. The Limited's have the "LIMITED" badge on the lower right of the truck lid. Too bad you don't get one. That badge, alone, is good for an extra 3 MPG. ;) But the badge costs about $2.5k more. Hyundai throws in the other extra stuff for free.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the way it is for the Elantras. GLS has only the Elantra badge, upper left trunk lid. The Limited's have the "LIMITED" badge on the lower right of the truck lid. Too bad you don't get one. That badge, alone, is good for an extra 3 MPG. ;) But the badge costs about $2.5k more. Hyundai throws in the other extra stuff for free.

I hear you. I looked at Ltd but nav, sunroof and better sound system weren't worth an extra $4K for me. I'm fine with my SE. In fact, I think the ride is preferable for me.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
My GLS also only has the Sonata and Hyundai logo. I think the Hybrids also have a separate hybrid logo in the lower-rear corner of the trunk lid as well.

·
22,793 Posts
My GLS also only has the Sonata and Hyundai logo. I think the Hybrids also have a separate hybrid logo in the lower-rear corner of the trunk lid as well.
And a blue background on the "H" logo on the trunk lid, if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i can send you my limited logo. i took all my logo's off.

also, you don't have to get the navigation and pano roof - those are optional. upgraded sound system is standard, as well as a plethora of other convenient items.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i can send you my limited logo. i took all my logo's off.

also, you don't have to get the navigation and pano roof - those are optional. upgraded sound system is standard, as well as a plethora of other convenient items.
we toyed with that idea
DH thinks my silver blue Sonata could pass for a Lexus

In respect to your comments about the Ltd, I was shopping for a good deal on a new 2013. The dealer got the color I wanted from another location and the SE model is fine for me.
I was comparing it with a grey one another dealer had which was a Ltd with the plano roof and nav and I think it was 4 or 5K more.

thanks for responding

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
To answer OP's question---yes only the limited models of ALL HYUNDAIS get the "Limited" badging on the trunk or liftgate.

Unlike other mfg's, the lesser trims do not get an identifier badge but rather have different identifying features (wheels and exhaust tips for SE, lack of fog lights for GLS, etc)

I have toyed with the idea of cutting an "S" from the Sonata badge and and "E" from an Elantra badge to make my own "SE" for the trunk but IIRC the font type differs between the models. Plus I have gotten really used to clean look of the trunk as-is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Unlike other mfg's, the lesser trims do not get an identifier badge but rather have different identifying features (wheels and exhaust tips for SE, lack of fog lights for GLS, etc)
OK, this is confusing me as I read this elsewhere, but my GLS has fog lights, heated front seats, and power driver's seat. Were these easily added options when building your own new Sonata or something?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
OK, this is confusing me as I read this elsewhere, but my GLS has fog lights, heated front seats, and power driver's seat. Were these easily added options when building your own new Sonata or something?
this was a package deal from dealer. not factory from Hyundai. heated seats can be added to any vehicle now, pretty easily.

i think the fog lights and power seat is part of a 'popular group' package. do you also have 16" aluminum wheels? if so, that is what you got...an 'option' over standard GLS models. this is of course only for the US models. Canadian, Austrailian and elsewhere are all different.

·
Registered
113 Posts
this was a package deal from dealer. not factory from Hyundai. heated seats can be added to any vehicle now, pretty easily.

i think the fog lights and power seat is part of a 'popular group' package. do you also have 16" aluminum wheels? if so, that is what you got...an 'option' over standard GLS models. this is of course only for the US models. Canadian, Austrailian and elsewhere are all different.
Yup, so that explains that. What is it with the SE's that gives them a few extra HP by the way?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Hyundai also changed how they rate the HP of our cars (believe they no longer use SAE ratings or something) and now all models have the same 198 HP rating.

Not like anyone can feel the extra 2 HP that the "dual" exhaust adds but it did give you bragging rights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
we toyed with that idea
DH thinks my silver blue Sonata could pass for a Lexus

In respect to your comments about the Ltd, I was shopping for a good deal on a new 2013. The dealer got the color I wanted from another location and the SE model is fine for me.
I was comparing it with a grey one another dealer had which was a Ltd with the plano roof and nav and I think it was 4 or 5K more.

thanks for responding
a lexus ???? :confused::confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts