Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
532 Posts
OK guys, I thought it would be funny to say something in Portuguese to my fellow Brazilian but I see some users don't like it even if it's not about them so I'll stop doing that. No reason to get mad.
I always thought that if I couldn't understand what someone said they were talking about me, maybe that's why my therapist always says "I'll see you next week at the same time".

·
Registered
870 Posts
You are right no reason to get mad - I wouldn't be unless my fuel economy number was as low as the one you are posting - then I'd be steaming mad or maybe just siphoning mad :)

You must enjoy using that turbo.
Actually, I don't use it all that much :(

I guess it's because lately I've been doing more of shorter/slower commutes and those are really bad for the SFS, even at super low speeds like 30 to 40mph. It's just local traffic and I see at those times the SFS records about 14mpg. The avg only goes up because at the end I do take the highways sometimes and it yields better mpg there.

Overall I'm not happy with the gas consumption of this car. I know it could be worse but I was expecting more when I got a 2.0T. This car uses the same, if not more, fuel than V6 and is not as smooth and requires more maintenance. Too bad the V6 is only available here for the LWB.

Perhaps I should just say screw it and use the Turbo all the time. It might not get much worse than it is :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It might, if you were employed by an Italian, French, British, or other European-based company. Diversity at its finest! :grin:
Seriously, however, how does one go about getting this problem corrected? Are there options available for the owner? I can't imagine, for the life of me, having to decipher between languages to understand this situation. It could have some frustrating moments.
Well, guess what? I work for a NY based company :)

Again, I would REALLY appreciate if someone could just flip trough the meanu on your enghlish versions and see if you find anything there.... I spent an hours trying to figure it out yesterday and yes, got pretty frustrated :mad:

thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Well, guess what? I work for a NY based company :)

Again, I would REALLY appreciate if someone could just flip trough the meanu on your enghlish versions and see if you find anything there.... I spent an hours trying to figure it out yesterday and yes, got pretty frustrated :mad:

thanks guys!!
Do you have access to the manual in English? If not, you can download a copy here: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/260-dm-2013-santa-fe/147623-2013-hyundai-santa-fe-dma-owners-manual-online.html
John

·
Registered
77 Posts
Marcelo,
I just went thru the display menu on my sf and i do not find a language setting for the lcd display located between the tach and speedo. Mine is a '13 sf sport 2.0t awd with premium package and no tech package. Meaning not the balls out nav system and upper level audio in the center stack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Marcelo,
I just went thru the display menu on my sf and i do not find a language setting for the lcd display located between the tach and speedo. Mine is a '13 sf sport 2.0t awd with premium package and no tech package. Meaning not the balls out nav system and upper level audio in the center stack.
Thank you very much! That was exactly my doubt. Really appreciate the help. I guess I'll have to make due with what I have!

thanks guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you try a dealer? They may be able to flash an English firmware on your car. Everything is digital now. Or try to contact Hyundai directly and ask for the files if the dealer does not have it (they still need to flash it for you).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here are some photos of the menu we have here in the UK to allow us to change the Language.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

I'm sure there is a way to add more features? We only have 3 menus to choose from and lack radio and navigation turn display.

I've had a play with BMW's using some 3rd party software allowing for you to code features that even the dealers have no access to but are available in other country's, does anyone know if this software exists for Hyundai's?

·
Banned
435 Posts
... does anyone know if this software exists for Hyundai's?
First clue would be whether Hyundai dealers set operating/convenience features (not just check/reset trouble codes) using the OBDII port. If so, then it's just a matter of bootlegging some software and playtime...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Why not go to a dealer there, find someone who speak English well and ask them to change the display to English. Should be easy for them to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ? every one:
I have hyundai elentra 2012 have issue with rear sensor continues beeping while taking a reverse, after got small scartch at rear bumper.
Camera everything works but this beep sound annoying actually.
Any 1 please suggest how i can stop this beep sound or repaired by my self.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
That also renders the parking aid inoperative as far as you are concerned as it is constantly alerting. If one of the sensors has failed and it is NOT painted then you can replace it,. If it is a painted sensor the amount of paint applied MUST be correct or the new sensor will not work. Best left to a body shop.

As for testing...If you have a stethoscope that should be a well defined clicking sound from a good sensor.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts