Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum so please, excuse me in advande for breaking any rule am yet not familiar with!
I just bought a Santa Fe 2.0T 4WD and i have a small problem.... I live in CHINA and the **** on boad computer is is CHINESE! The multimedia system is in easy to adjust to english but I was not able yet to figure out how to get the on board computer to English. IF such option is not avaible on the menu, would it be possible (maybe) to reset it and reinstal with a different language?
thanks!!!!
Marcelo

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum so please, excuse me in advande for breaking any rule am yet not familiar with!
I just bought a Santa Fe 2.0T 4WD and i have a small problem.... I live in CHINA and the **** on boad computer is is CHINESE! The multimedia system is in easy to adjust to english but I was not able yet to figure out how to get the on board computer to English. IF such option is not avaible on the menu, would it be possible (maybe) to reset it and reinstal with a different language?
thanks!!!!
Marcelo
If you are referring to the dash menus I am sure I seen a language option under it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Uh, Chinese in China seems oddly appropriate...
I'm guessing Marcelo isn't Chinese.

:00000732: Marcelo.
I don't know what the Chinese version of the SFS is, but my 2013 American version, with tech package, allows me to choose a language by pressing the "setup" button on the dash, and then on the Nav screen choose "Language".

But, the language on the buttons can't be changed. So, I imagine your buttons are in Chinese. I believe the Chinese translation for setup is
安装程序, and language is 语言.
Good luck.
John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing Marcelo isn't Chinese.

:00000732: Marcelo.
I don't know what the Chinese version of the SFS is, but my 2013 American version, with tech package, allows me to choose a language by pressing the "setup" button on the dash, and then on the Nav screen choose "Language".

But, the language on the buttons can't be changed. So, I imagine your buttons are in Chinese. I believe the Chinese translation for setup is
安装程序, and language is 语言.
Good luck.
John
That is right John, I am not chinese! I am Brazilian - Yes, a Brazilian, living in China and driving a Korean car!!! doesn't get much more interesting than that :)

I had no problems getting the multimedia screen in the center console to English, but the dash, behind the stearing, is a mistery to me. All in chinese. I couldn'd (with my limted Chinese readind skills) find an option at the menu and at the store they gave me they usall blank stare they give foreigner asking for help. I also couldn't find anything about it on the Manual.... I was wondering if any of you guys could flip trough your options and see if there is a language option there?

thanks!!!

·
Banned
532 Posts
That is right John, I am not chinese! I am Brazilian - Yes, a Brazilian, living in China and driving a Korean car!!! doesn't get much more interesting than that !:)
Sure it could, invite a couple ladies over ... :eek: open some of this ...:nahrung034:... you know what happens next ... :blush-anim-cl:.

Then relax ... :cigareta: for just a little bit, get in your ... :auto: but you better ... :3gears: away as fast as you can before :evil: gets home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure it could, invite a couple ladies over ... :eek: open some of this ...:nahrung034:... you know what happens next ... :blush-anim-cl:.

Then relax ... :cigareta: for just a little bit, get in your ... :auto: but you better ... :3gears: away as fast as you can before :evil: gets home.
LOL true story!!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Mudou pra China de vez ou tá só fazendo um trabalho temporário? Interessante essa opção de país mas o carro é legal. Boa sorte mudando o idioma, não sei como fazer se não te falava. Abraço.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mudou pra China de vez ou tá só fazendo um trabalho temporário? Interessante essa opção de país mas o carro é legal. Boa sorte mudando o idioma, não sei como fazer se não te falava. Abraço.
Thanks, Bruno! I will keep trying!

Moro aqui a 10 anos ja! Tanto o carro quanto o trabalho sao para la de interessantes :) Abraco!

·
Registered
870 Posts
OK guys, I thought it would be funny to say something in Portuguese to my fellow Brazilian but I see some users don't like it even if it's not about them so I'll stop doing that. No reason to get mad.

·
22,787 Posts
That is right John, I am not chinese! I am Brazilian - Yes, a Brazilian, living in China and driving a Korean car!!! doesn't get much more interesting than that :)
It might, if you were employed by an Italian, French, British, or other European-based company. Diversity at its finest! :grin:
Seriously, however, how does one go about getting this problem corrected? Are there options available for the owner? I can't imagine, for the life of me, having to decipher between languages to understand this situation. It could have some frustrating moments.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
OK guys, I thought it would be funny to say something in Portuguese to my fellow Brazilian but I see some users don't like it even if it's not about them so I'll stop doing that. No reason to get mad.
You are right no reason to get mad - I wouldn't be unless my fuel economy number was as low as the one you are posting - then I'd be steaming mad or maybe just siphoning mad :)

You must enjoy using that turbo.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts