Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cowansville Quebec to London Ontario nine hours each way. Left to go on Thursday,returned on Tuesday. 6.0 litres per 100 clicks. Set the cruise for 115 on the 401. Little bit tired but no sore back and I am 81. What a great little car my 2012 Elantra GLS is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bravo pour la faible consommation et longue vie a vous. :clap:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Couldn't agree more!

I have done a few trips to North Bay from London, about 5.5 hours each way. Made 5.8L/100km on the way there, slightly more on the way back due to bad weather.

Totally comfortable ride and no soreness. When I take the company van, I won't even get into what it costs in gas or how much of a pain it is to keep it on the road in bad weather!!

·
22,793 Posts
frankyboy, nice job. I've done 19 hours, one way. Although tired, I was pleased with how I felt reaching my destination. Although the butt gets antsy after a number of hours, a simple seat adjustment will work wonders. But this antsy feeling is true (for me) regardless of any car I ride in or drive. I get figetty after a few hours with nothing to do but watch the road and listen to the XM. But the ride, overall, is nice. The fuel savings is even nicer. Elantra is a great little car.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
For those south of the 49th not interested in doing the conversions, 115 kph is 72 MPH and 6 l/100 km is 39.2 MPG. :) Impressive numbers, sir!

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
That's awesome frankyboy! Keep on trucking!
+1

A nine-hour drive down the 401 is an "old guy drive"??? Frankyboy, you make "old guy" look good.

Check out this gentleman. Most of us would brag about driving 105, but this guy drives and is 105. He works out every day in his home gym, and cooks for his bride who is only 91.

Don

·
Registered
157 Posts
For those south of the 49th not interested in doing the conversions, 115 kph is 72 MPH and 6 l/100 km is 39.2 MPG. :) Impressive numbers, sir!
last week i drove from cleveland to toronto doing 75mph. averaged 40.2mpg. about a 5 and a half hour drive. stopped once for a bathroom break, but yeah very comfortable drive, no aches/pain.

·
22,793 Posts
Most of us would brag about driving 105, but this guy drives and is 105. He works out every day in his home gym, and cooks for his bride who is only 91.

Don
I guess this means that there's hope for us, huh Don? :wink2:

·
22,793 Posts
Used to do that myself.....about 40 years ago.:)
Oh, boy...those were the days, huh? Well remembered, less revisited!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts