Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up another Santa Fe. 2017 LWB LImited with 3.3 V6. I installed a Trailer hitch to tow a small aluminium boat. i would now like to monitor the trans. temp while towing. Any ideas ? Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Sounds like you can afford a scan tool that will do that although it's not old school.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you would leave the scan tool hooked up while towing ? Any scale tool better than the other ?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
You can get a dangle and it'll send it to your phone or other devise.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep. Get an ODB II Bluetooth dongle, get a phone app, hook them up and off you go.

Otherwise you're going to have to find a way to install a thermocouple in the transmission casing and rig up a way to display the readout.

I also lament the deletion of gauges such as oil temperature/pressure and battery voltage. Only trucks seems to still have those nowadays.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I also lament the deletion of gauges such as oil temperature/pressure and battery voltage. Only trucks seems to still have those nowadays.
And that brings me to my next question which I have been meaning to ask but keep forgetting.

Any source for an a-pillar gauge cluster for the Santa Fe I've searched never found one.

I know people do complain about the a-pillar being a little too big in the Santa Fe but I would gladly make it bigger to have gauges no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts