Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This actually started happening before I tore into the steering column, but it stopped for a while, and now it's baaaack!

I am guessing the coolant temp sensor is going whacko? The A/C also doesn't work anymore (I *thought* this was the "C/Fan High" relay going bad, but I replaced that yesterday and the A/C still doesn't work, plus the flashing coolant temp display. Flashing as in, blinking on and off! Reminder: this started happening weeks ago before I replaced my steering coupler.

ALSO: Bonus lights are flashing too! The ABS+Brake lights (both of them) have also started flashing on and off. Very weird. I have an appointment in two weeks at the dealer (the soonest we could get a loaner reservation), but I was just curious what people on here think. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This actually started happening before I tore into the steering column, but it stopped for a while, and now it's baaaack!

I am guessing the coolant temp sensor is going whacko? The A/C also doesn't work anymore (I *thought* this was the "C/Fan High" relay going bad, but I replaced that yesterday and the A/C still doesn't work, plus the flashing coolant temp display. Flashing as in, blinking on and off! Reminder: this started happening weeks ago before I replaced my steering coupler.

ALSO: Bonus lights are flashing too! The ABS+Brake lights (both of them) have also started flashing on and off. Very weird. I have an appointment in two weeks at the dealer (the soonest we could get a loaner reservation), but I was just curious what people on here think. :)
We have the exact same problem! My blind spot monitor turns off as well and sometimes refuses to turn back on for more than a second without turn off the car. I am driving a 2014 Sonata Limited (YF) for reference. I took the car into service this past Friday and the mechanic blamed it on the HIDs. Since then, I have uninstalled both my HIDs (low beam) and LEDs (high beam) - the HIDs are Morimoto and the LEDs are Opt-7. Anyway, the problem came back as expected so I will be taking it in again a week from this Friday.

I am thinking there is some sensor issue... Hopefully, at least. Have you found out anything new?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If you get multiple lights flashing and no apparent issue causing it(ie the issue ACTUALLY exists) then you probably have a bad battery or bad ground somewhere. Try getting battery tested/swapped and see if it clears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts