Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys im doing some mantanance on my 2014 Sport 2.0T AWD So im doing 1st a drain and fill soon on the Transfer case, then rear end Can i use a bottle of Royal purple synthetic ?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You can use any fluid that meets the minimal requirements stated in your owners manual.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it calls for API GL-5 75W-90 lube, So it should be compatable with oem fluid if not better correct...?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What are the specs in the owner's manual for gear lube? If they match then okay
Hyundai Specs API GL-5 75W-90 Lube "Royal Purple meets specs." so if no one else has any reason for me Not to use it,? then its going in the Transfer Case as a better alternative rather then using the OEM factory fill.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
226 Posts
Well if Hyundai call for API GL-5 75W-90 and its written API GL-5 75W90 on the bottle, what could go wrong?

I put exactly this Royal Purple oil 100 000km ago in my 2013 and I just replaced it again recently at 160 000km. The old oil still had the purple color..

FYI, it will be way easier if you have a hand pump that you put on the bottle, there is no space to tilt the bottle in the filler hole.

I use something like this : [ame]https://www.amazon.ca/Plews-55-001-4cc-Bottle-Pump/dp/B000BQW5LK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539016725&sr=8-3&keywords=oil+hand+pump[/ame]

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool ! Nice to hear that, actually that Royal Purple surpasses the OEM factory fill for my transfer case wich is why i will be using it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a FYI You can use that R.P. API GL-5 75w-90 in the rear differential as well. and Yes it meets and far exceeds Hyundai"s OEM fluid. planing on using it in rear diferential soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts