Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 sonata I swear it’s getting louder. It passed the orange dipstick test 6 months ago and I just took it up to the dealer again. Now the service manager and the master tech said it’s loud and knocking and it’s just a matter of time. But it passed again. Said come back when it’s seized lol. So does the engine get louder and then just break or does it just seize without warning?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey kmkcjr,

My Sonata (2011) just seized maybe three weeks ago or so. At the time, there was really no warning whatsoever. I stopped at an intersection, and all the lights on my dashboard came on at once, and it seized/died right there. Luckily, it was still under warranty, so it was replaced for free. But no, I didn't experience any sort of indicators prior to it happening. The engine wasn't making any sort of unusual sounds, and it didn't after it stalled.

Good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey kmkcjr,

My Sonata (2011) just seized maybe three weeks ago or so. At the time, there was really no warning whatsoever. I stopped at an intersection, and all the lights on my dashboard came on at once, and it seized/died right there. Luckily, it was still under warranty, so it was replaced for free. But no, I didn't experience any sort of indicators prior to it happening. The engine wasn't making any sort of unusual sounds, and it didn't after it stalled.

Good luck!
Do you know if you were low on oil? Were you checking oil frequently?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts