Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having them do the arms (they promise to do rear alignment and check the front) and check the reason for transmission fluid on the top of the case pooling in the drivers side engine mount.

On hood up inspection the SW noted the OCC. We chatted about it but he seemed indifferent to it. We will see....

Here is to it being something simple for the trans issue. :beer:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just curious after talk on the forums about ATF, have you done a drain fill with aftermarket fluid? If so, like to see how the dealer handles it.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. Was going to do it but saw this while a little while ago and now she is getting it looked at.

The reason I didn't do it was I didn't want to give them a reason to blame anything on me in that area. Once I am confident its repaired/correct Ill do it.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They can't find the leak. Taking it to degrease the motor and look closer. That can't be good. :-(

They say all fluids are at correct level.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Good luck buddy, just got out of the dealer my self, had my CV shaft replaced (driver side).

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I only have a little over 30K on the ODO. I drive my car spiritedly but I dont beat the **** out of it. CV boots on the driver side axle were still in tact, its just that the outer joint had free play. Before it became into a thing I had them verify my concern and replaced the axle.

I actually Had the passenger side axle shaft reconditioned from a local re builder as well. I changed this CV shaft my self. The outer boot developed a small pin hole leak and it was flinging grease. They would not warranty it because they said "road hazard" caused the hole... My rebuilder gave me a nice letter saying the stiff plastic boot was actually cracking...etc and it was not caused by road hazard, still waiting for Hyundai Corp to let me know what they can do for me.

I already inspected the new axle, the cv boots on the new one are a bit more pliable so hopefully I wont have any other issues.

In terms of other YF's needing CV shafts, its actually not that common from my research. I just have **** luck lol.

Bear, howd you make out @ the dealer buddy, give us an update.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whelp, could not find an issue. They said they put dye in for next time but could not even give me a wild ass guess how fluid got there. They said they degrewsed motor looking for new spots, but either they barely cleaned or didnt do what they said they did.

They did align the rear after doing the arms. Not sure why they spent 20 minutes with the car on though.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I got my driver side CV axle replaced under warranty too at the same time they replaced my starter lever and my steering wheel inserts. I had to go back to have them fix the inserts cause they were not sitting flush so they sent me a coupon for a free oil change. Got that done last weekend and when they pulled my cabin filter out they dropped something in the blower motor so now if I turn my a/c or heater on to level 3 or 4 you hear it. SMH Now I am taking it back to have them fix that and this will be the 3rd time in three weeks where 2 of them were to get something fixed they didn't do right or caused. SMH

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So its still doing it and I am scheduling an appointment. I called the wrong dealer (same name two locations) and scheduled an appointment and then he called back a few minutes later.

He said it was curious because I wasn't in the system and they don't put dye in trans fluid as a diagnosis. Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if the dealer that "worked" on it in the first place actually did it either as they said they degreased the motor and it was pretty clear that they didn't. Wonder if its a case of "no idea, say whatever to get him out of here....'

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
I have had both of my CVs replaced so its somewhat of a common thing on the YFs. Pass side was clicking and driver side had a cracked boot. As long as its under warranty, I would not be too concerned. Also, like TxBoy, I am a spirited driver.

Cats, I do not believe your dealer even looked at the tranny. In order to put dye into the system, they would have to either open the inspection port (front of transmission) or injection port (top, underneath the air box). Check those screws and see if any have been turned; my guess is that they chalked it up to some other dealer adding fluid and not wiping down the overspill.

I still think that your injection port bolt o-ring is probably bad/loose/broken and fluid is seeping out of it while you drive. Seek out another (read: reliable/honest) dealership.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cats, I do not believe your dealer even looked at the tranny. In order to put dye into the system, they would have to either open the inspection port (front of transmission) or injection port (top, underneath the air box). Check those screws and see if any have been turned; my guess is that they chalked it up to some other dealer adding fluid and not wiping down the overspill.

I still think that your injection port bolt o-ring is probably bad/loose/broken and fluid is seeping out of it while you drive. Seek out another (read: reliable/honest) dealership.
I knew you had said something similar to that suggestion in the second paragraph. I searched and could not find it. Thanks for the reminder. When I cleaned it up again the other night I saw some very VERY limited residue from that port (if its the same thing I am talking about). I am thinking cracked case around the motor mount.

I will be waiting on the car versus dropping it off and allowing them to work on it at their leisure and challenging the "dye" as well.

To bad their sister dealership is roughly 35 miles away. The SW there seemed:
1) Nicer
2) Knowledgeable in the five minute conversation I had.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Its amazing how much dealers differ even when they are part of the same conglomerate.

The place I bought my car from is the absolute worst when it comes to service. Had many battles with their service manager over sloppy or incomplete services so stopped going.

Fast forward to today and the same group took over the former Saturn dealership near my job and converted it to their Hyundai for the South Metro Minneapolis area. Totally different group running the shop there and the service writer is knowledgeable and very friendly. All services have been top notch to boot.

What really kills me is how the new dealer is not selling Eqqus, but their idiot counterparts are allowed to hock the halo car...:huh:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fast forward to today and the same brand took over the former Saturn dealership near my job. Totally different group running the shop there and the service writer is knowledgeable and very friendly. All services have been top notch to boot.
Thats the way my Ford dealership it. Its actually why I bought Ford again. Might not be the "best" in x category but I:

1) Dont have to fight to get warranty work done. Which is huge because if they don't honor the warranty or make it a game to get it enforced what good it is?
2) Don't get the "death scare" speeches on maint items. I get a checklist of "recommended" items. Not even a sales pitch. The list is called "Items of Consideration" and includes prices should I desire.
3) Listen to me. I can't tell you how many times I have told Hyundai DONT WASH MY CAR...ever F'in time they wash it. Have had them even notate it on the invoice PRIOR to leaving...just get a shrug. Ford listens and doesnt. Its the small things.

Also I think this is the bolt you are referring to but I can't remember there being a "hose" connected to it. Will look when I get back home.

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Most problems are not the manufacturers fault in how a customer is handled, It all comes down to the local staff. You can have good sales in one place and still get bad service and vice versa. I am a heavy tech and it ticks me off to see others in my shop do sloppy work, and then I get stuck with fixing the problem when they come back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts