Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil pressure light comes on at idle, goes off at about 1000 rpm. Oil level is full. Where is the sending unit located on this model? Is there a way to tell if it's the unit or pump? Car has only 28000 miles on it

THanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
It’s under the intake manifold, accessed from the bottom. I’ve seen quite a few of them leak from the center and into the electrical connector. I believe it’s covered under the 10/100 warranty, definitely covered by 5/60 if you’re still within it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... Dealer replaced it under the warranty..... I'm one of the unlucky or lucky owners, depending on your viewpoint, who has a Theta2 engine now under lifetime warranty. Dealer said that alone would cover it, but car is still under original warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you have a Theta 2 series engine you should be eligible for the lifetime warranty. If your car is still under the original warranty . the oil pressure switch would be covered by either. I opened a case on the "Hyundai .com site". They told me to see a dealer. The dealer said my engine, the 2.4 L now has a lifetime warranty. There are other engines in the Theta 2 series that are also covered. Check with your dealer. I have included the article from the Korean Times. Hyundai doesn't publicize this warranty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The VIN number on your car, located on the dashboard, which can be seen thru your windshield, or it can be found on a label on the driver's door gives a lot of info. Autozone , for one, has a Vin decoder page, which breaks down all the ViN info including the engine type. Given the year, you probably have a Theta 2 engine . If it;s a 4 cylinder, you definitely a Theta 2. The easiest thing is go to a dealer or trusted mechanic. ...good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts