Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 tucson 2.0 AWD, 1992 Volvo 940 turbo, 1998 Volvo S70T5m, 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend's 2018 2.0 awd has a leak starting on the rear of the oil pan, I noticed it the other day when I was doing her front brakes. The car has only 63k on it so it's kinda pathetic that it's starting to leak like that on only a three year old car with low miles. The problem is the dealership is saying her car is out of warranty as she's the second owner and hyundai pulls that shady **** and reduces the warranty to only 6 years 60k on used cars. So I'm wondering what recourse I can take. Obviously I have no problem doing a pan gasket on the car myself but if there's a way I can get this warrantied I'd rather go that route as I have a lot of other car projects to finish. So I'm wondering if anyone here knows who/what I should contact and what steps I should take. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah mine was leaking from somewhere in that area but never got a clear view of where. I think it was also from the drain plug at the time so was hard to pin down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts