Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Daughter's 2007 Tucson 2.0L 4cyl automatic has an oil leak at the oil pan interface and possibly the oil pump interface at the side of the engine block. I can't really tell if the oil pump gasket is leaking unless I remove the timing belt. Does anyone have a manual to repair and replace the oil pan and pump? Any additional information and procedure would be great to guide me through the repair. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
My Daughter's 2007 Tucson 2.0L 4cyl automatic has an oil leak at the oil pan interface and possibly the oil pump interface at the side of the engine block. I can't really tell if the oil pump gasket is leaking unless I remove the timing belt. Does anyone have a manual to repair and replace the oil pan and pump? Any additional information and procedure would be great to guide me through the repair. Thanks.
Lubrication System info/repair procedures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Check crankshaft walk in the block...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Wongpfh.

sbr711 are you talking when I drop the oil pan to see if there is any play in the crankshaft?

Also does anyone have a tightening pattern for the oil pan bolts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thank you Wongpfh.

sbr711 are you talking when I drop the oil pan to see if there is any play in the crankshaft?

Also does anyone have a tightening pattern for the oil pan bolts?
No pattern, RTV on pan, start ALL the screws, snug them up , and hit with in-lb torque wrench at 54 in-lb

Thanks.
You can check crank walk for quick check with out tearing anything apart, other than remove drive belts from crank pulley..

Had issue with handfull of early production used in Elantra prior to Tucson..

Thrust washers wear out (these was installed backward) and ground away crank flange) and the crank would knock fore - aft,,, it would eventually knock the seal out of the oil pump (front cover) and PUKE oil out as it runs (start engine, see if oil pours out as it running),, sometimes it would knock as crank weight hits block inside when throttle "jazzed" or in gear.

If this is what you have, your only way out is replacement short block, those hard to find,, priced 1 for Elantra Tour at $975 (last summer)) for Hyundai Re-Man

I have a 2.0 from 2007 Tiburon, but previous owner busted the tone wheel for crank position,, need $800 crankshaft

1 - 6 of 6 Posts