Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

Previously I mentioned I had an issue with the 2.2 CRDi being sluggish. The EGR was removed and it helped the problem. Few months later, had issues with oil. HAd to replace oil pump because of sludge formation. Did an enitre system cleanup. I also replaced the turbo oil seals since they were leaking. Car smoke has diminished about 85%. Still some smoke, even when idling. Has 89k kms on the odo. Took it for an injector cleanup and the mechanic told me it seems that I have an oil leak on the air intake return pipe. I have heard from other forums (Isuzu, Landcruiser) that this is common since you always get oil from the return hose with these emissions systems. Do you know where is the oil return line located? Can it be accessed? Does it has to be drained at certain intervals? I am worried that I might have leaking valve seals although the engine runs and iddles fine (except for the small amount of gray smoke). No coolant loss whatsoever.

·
Registered
843 Posts
What is meant by air intake return pipe?
Is it the engine camshaft lid fumes evacuation pipe that is used to evacuate oily fumes and vapors from inside by the vacuum of the air intake?
Could also be clogged with sludge. Do not know where located on 2.2 engine, but could be a thick rubber pipe going to the air intake, I suppose after the MAF sensor..
Grey smoke is not coming from oil, then it would be blue/black.
Engine could be running somewhat rich.
Good luck,
paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts