Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas oil lite on at idle when engine warms up. Put OEM oil filter on with correct weight oil. It has a spin on filter not cartridge. Is there a bypass in the filter base housing that is not working? Engine is quiet runs fine. Changed sending unit with OEM part still comes on at idle warm. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
oil lite on at idle when engine warms up. Put OEM oil filter on with correct weight oil.
Which is ?

I wonder if this phenomenon existed before you put on OEM filter and some oil. Did it ? Did you try spinning on the old filter and see ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which is ?

I wonder if this phenomenon existed before you put on OEM filter and some oil. Did it ? Did you try spinning on the old filter and see ?
Yes it did. I'm thinking of dropping the first oil pan and cleaning the pickup and checking the bypass spring. Maybe there is a pc of crop stuck under the bypass not letting it seat.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
I wonder how hard it is to put in new rod bearings if you are going t drop the pan?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm only going to drop the bottom pan. These have an upper pan as well that is difficult to remove. The bottom doesn't give you access to the bearings. Not sure what else to try. It runs fine no engine noise that I hear. We have an 03 with 2.7 as well. With 126000 miles has been very good to us.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
They said dropping the ladder frame off the 2L T in the Gen coupe would be difficult. But I found it quite easy. The issue would be access - subframe and exhaust. If it is fully exposed then it really is an easy job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts