Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Azera with 92,000 miles. The oil light came on today, first time ever. Stopped the car, checked oil level and it was full. Started it back up and drove home, about .75 miles. Let it sit and cool, then started it and the light was off. Went to the store and the light came, sporadically, every time the rpms dropped below 1100. I turned around to go home and watched the rpms and oil light. By the time I got home, driving a little less then 1.5 miles, the light would turn on when my rmps dropped below 1900. Pulled into the garage and saw I sprung a massive oil leak, there was a trail of oil about 35 feet long. Checked under the car and it was just pouring out from the underside, near the front driver side of the engine. :crying2: I change the oil myself regularly every 3000 miles using full synthetic 5w 30. Last oil change was about 1600 miles ago. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Sounds like the oil pressure switch had failed. That much oil coming out is a serious leak. Not hard or expensive to fix if I'm right.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Sounds like the oil pressure switch had failed. That much oil coming out is a serious leak. Not hard or expensive to fix if I'm right.

Try again,,, it a 3.3L GDI..

Switch in valley,, off with upper & lower intake (full set of intake rings)

GDI -- fuel rails with injectors under intake in the valley (full set of injector o-ring and washers, delivery pipe

Now we can see switch,, but the water pipe blocks you from getting at switch,, off with crossover from back of cylinder heads so you can open up and get at switch.. (add coolant & rings for pipe, and seals for back of head)

Been there, figured 3hr until we found out how much I really had to take apart

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, sbr711 was correct. I could not tackle the project on my own, just slightly above my confidence level. Took it to the dealer and $475 later I'm back on the road. Of course the part was out of warranty. According to the service writer the warranty for that part is 60,000. I don't see how that is, but guess that doesn't matter. Thanks again for the help everyone!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Is the replacement oil pressure switch the same part as the original, or has it been updated to prevent the failure from happening again?
That I cannot answer for you. I dont handle the part side of things, counter person look it up in catalog and up pop number

1 - 11 of 11 Posts