Hyundai Forums banner

Oil level keeps getting back to LOW

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  louisJJ 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a change the oil and oil filter of my Lavita's wife (CRDI 2004 model) and there is a large oil spill on the road when the engine is on, and then the oil level goes back to LOW on the dipstick.

I am not sure I did it right when change the filter though...there were to rubber gaskets on the cartridge.

Can you help me figure out how to restore the right level of oil ? My wife's panicking a little when seeing all this oil on the road...

Thanks

#2 ·
Check your filter and make sure the rubber gasket from the old filter did not get stuck to the engine. Double filter gasket = major leak. Also use a torque wrench on the drain plug. 30lb ft is pretty standard on the drain plug.

Edit just noticed you mentioned cartridge filter. Not sure about that one. Canister filter installs different

#3 ·
Thanks for your answer.

I have used a torque wrench for the drain plug, this one seems ok and doesn't leak.

Ok I am gonna check the filter's gasket.

Where do I check if "the gasket from the old filter did not get stuck to the engine" ?

Yes sorry for the "cartridge" thing, English is not my primary language, I meant the cylinder in which the filter is placed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.