Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this problem? I have the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2.4l engine. I have an oil leak around the oil pan gasket seal. The dealer had repaired it twice and it still happens again. Oil does not leak a lot but a little around the seal. Could I have a bad PVC valve?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Between the lower pan (black) and upper (aluminum) ??

Sealer is RTV..... Now for the big question :

Do you drop the car off for the repair, or do you sit in lounge and wait for it to get done quickley ?

When doing the lower pan, they need to carefully cut the RTV using the "oil pan cutter" tool.. did they bend the rail on the pan and forget to straighten it ? Requires a little sheet metal working knowledge to straighten.. did they gouge either mating surface ?

The real problem I have with RTV,, you need to leave it cure a good bit.. I like to get RTV done first thing in morning, and leave it sit all day before putting oil in and firing up engine.. Late day RTV, I would prefer it sit over night, then refill with oil first thing in morning.

The longer the goo can sit to cure, the better off you are.. Hyundai use some crappy stuff at engine plant, it never seems to cure.. the stuff at dealer that come through parts system sets up like the PERMATEX Ultra stuff,, good stuff if you let it set up good.. Hyundai TSB says 30 minutes,, PHOOOIEEEEE!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts