Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Accent. The timing belt broke and the intake valves on cylinders 1 and 3 got bent. I removed the head and replaced the valves and the head gasket.
Now the engine starts fine but starts blowing out blue smoke when the engine gets to temperature. I found oil in the throttle body and traced its source to a hose that runs from the valve cover to the intake between the filter and the throttle body. If I disconnect this hose the engine runs fine with no smoke. But there is alot of pressure blowing out of this hose. When I rev the engine the pressure increases and starts blowing out oil as well. I replaced the PCV valve but it made no difference.
Does anyone have any idea where this pressure is coming from? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
You've got other valve problems or piston damage (blowby). You should have gotten a head from the junkyard, or had yours rebuilt. Did you do a compression test?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Sep 7 2010, 01:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354751
You've got other valve problems or piston damage (blowby). You should have gotten a head from the junkyard, or had yours rebuilt. Did you do a compression test?
Cylinder leak down test and see where the pressure leak is at...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts