Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently got a Santafe 2020 2.0T. it comes with the Hyundai 3 years complimentary maintenance.

I've the first oil change coming up.[5k miles already] Was wondering if anybody knows what oil is used? Is it gonna be dino on the complimentary package and I'll have to pay and upgrade for synthetic?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i asked the dealer where we bought our sonata, and they said the car comes with synthetic blende. they would use the same oil for the service, and they did not know how much extra i would have to pay for full synthetic. they said a normal oil service with full synthetic is 125. i had a local shop do the service will full synthetic, it was 75

·
Registered
74 Posts
My complementary oil change was Quakerstate semi syn. according to the service writer.. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
My complementary oil change was Quakerstate semi syn. according to the service writer.. :)
Mine too.

I would do 4k OCIs with that 2.0 turbo. I am more finicky with turbo and GDI engines.
The dealer might allow 4k services until the complimentary offering has expired.

A majority Hyundai dealers use Quaker State synblend. Most Kia dealers use Total Quartz synblend.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
248 Posts
It sure seems like straight-up Dino is actually getting harder to find at most retail outlets. It's all synthetic blends or full synthetic on the shelves. I got my SF before the free maintenance promo but I did inquire about what my dealer used for oil changes. They told me they used QS synthetic blends for their standard oil changes.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I dont beleive in using a synthetic blend oil "that's like asking for only half the protection" if you ask me.? dealers will use that kind of oil to keep there costs down for there customers that's the only reason. use a full synthetic oil i Only use Pennzoil in are 2014 santa fe 2.0 Turbo charged vehicle its worked well for me. i buy it at wallmart always better priced than anyone else. modern engines make more horsepower nowadays then ever before & heat. they need all the protection available wich is why i like using Pennz Ultra there is a science behind this Oil. its also factory fill O.E.M. oil for many of the the dodge's srt, Hellcats, vipers etc... its Good stuff and what i use. (y)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just as important is the Oil filter your Dealer is using im not a fan of using Hyundais O/filter i rather use a Fram XG Ultra synthetic filter for best filtering the oil it goes hand in hand with using synthetic oil. it also made 2019 best Oil filter (y)

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
368 Posts
Just as important is the Oil filter your Dealer is using im not a fan of using Hyundais O/filter i rather use a Fram XG Ultra synthetic filter for best filtering the oil it goes hand in hand with using synthetic oil. it also made 2019 best Oil filter (y)

Agreed. Oil filter is pretty important. Don't down the Hyundai/Kia oil filters they have pretty good quality for standard oil filters.

Also, not sure I'd trust that video, when the filters are cut open and the components are analyzed, Fram filters look cheaply made. The XG filter is ok. Though they might have gone the cheaper route with a stamped steel spring instead of a coil spring. In the video I don't see Wix filters even mentioned....Wix is one of the best with quality construction.

·
Registered
237 Posts

You never really know if companies like fram have a vested interest in these you tube so called tests.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I use the OEM filter, it is rated for higher pressure than standard filters, and seems pretty well made.

Reactions: FishRamLion
1 - 13 of 13 Posts