Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't found any info on oil filter cartridges for the 3.5L engines who all makes them and thank you

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Those cartridges are made by Hyundai themselves and a part of a servicing kit that includes several gaskets. I wouldn't suggest trying to find them from anybody other than your dealer as we had a few people suffer from engine failure by using the wrong filter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I cant believe that no one has made one yet that I could find other than Hyundai ?? So far the Wife loves this thing (2010 sport FWD) she's had it 3 weeks and has almost 3000 km's on it, so i was going to change the oil over to synthetic and I wanted a good high efficiency filter but I guess that is my option

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of driving!! I've had mine almost two months and I just hit 2,500 miles (4,000 km) this past week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya she's a full time hockey mom so she is on the road alot !! Anyways WIX (NAPA) just last week started making a filter for the 2010 3.5 liter engine !!! Part number for the Wix filter is 57050 ( Napa Gold is 7050 ) this is a very good filter with an absolute filter efficiency of 25 microns !! so far its the only one i have found besides the Hyundai that I would trust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Nov 7 2010, 09:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369799
Those cartridges are made by Hyundai themselves and a part of a servicing kit that includes several gaskets. I wouldn't suggest trying to find them from anybody other than your dealer as we had a few people suffer from engine failure by using the wrong filter.
For what it's worth, Mazda 3 S 2.3 uses oil cartridges also. In a pinch once replaced with a non OEM cartridge and the
oil did not look so swell after 1500 miles or so. Changed it immediately and went with the OEM cartridge. No problems
since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked up a case of Napa Gold filters not sure what you guys are paying for your filters?? the filters were $14.38 each plus the **** .50 cent environmental handling charge grand total was $16.82cdn with HST and EHC

·
Registered
290 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Nov 7 2010, 08:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369799
Hyundai/Kia filters marked "Made in Korea" have or were made exclusively by the Dongwoo Company, a wholly own subsidery of MANN+Hummel. Has this changed recently?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My impressions of the (Wix/Napa Gold) filter compared to the OEM Hyundai filter ; the only difference I could see was the gasket for the filter cap was a little thicker on the Napa Gold and the top of the oem filter was cardboard like where the Napa was rubber ...... the many gaskets are just (1) one for the filter cap and the other one is a washer for the drain plug . I've never had a vehicle with a "on top" cartridge filter .... very nice and mess free !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (macken @ Nov 16 2010, 01:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372082
Picked up a case of Napa Gold filters not sure what you guys are paying for your filters?? the filters were $14.38 each plus the **** .50 cent environmental handling charge grand total was $16.82cdn with HST and EHC
Hey, just saw your post about aftermarket oil filter cartridge for the 2010 santy 3.5. A cheaper replacement that is not substandard would be welcome. I see you are in Canada as well, in fact not too far from me in Ontario. Where did you buy the Napa filter?
Had no luck on their web site, it doesn't even list filters for Hyundai!!
Thx - Tim

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You folks near Ft Erie/ Buffalo.... hit a dealer state side..

·
Registered
8 Posts
...not close enough to go for an oil filter. If I can't get an aftermarket filter from a local auto supply then off to the dealer I go.

Side note...I see you have a '65 Impala. My dad had a red with white soft top. I travelled in the back seat from Ontario to Miami when I was a little guy. Great memories!! What a beauty!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Timsz @ Dec 16 2010, 01:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380489
...not close enough to go for an oil filter. If I can't get an aftermarket filter from a local auto supply then off to the dealer I go.

Side note...I see you have a '65 Impala. My dad had a red with white soft top. I travelled in the back seat from Ontario to Miami when I was a little guy. Great memories!! What a beauty!

I had... 327 4 barrel, glide, 12 bolt.. rebuilt 327, went Q-jet, Comp Cams 268, HEI with outside coil, Turbo 350 w/ BM shift kit, kept the 308's out back, added GM Posi-carrier. Ripped input shaft out of forward clutch drum eventually, installed back up T-350.

Made many trips over Rainbow Bridge into Canada at the falls when I had it from '85-89 in Buffalo area.. Hauled up interstate at 5500 RPM with needle bent off end, took 15-20 seconds roll out for needle to start back down..

·
Registered
947 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Dec 16 2010, 11:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380721
Hauled up interstate at 5500 RPM with needle bent off end, took 15-20 seconds roll out for needle to start back down..
And watch the fuel gauge roll the other way at the same time! Fun vehicle though. I always loved the distinctness of the 327. In the early 80's my older brother and I dropped one in a Olds Vista-Cruiser station wagon that initially had a very tired 350. Fun project.

Joel

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (PoMansAWD @ Dec 16 2010, 10:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380731
And watch the fuel gauge roll the other way at the same time! Fun vehicle though. I always loved the distinctness of the 327. In the early 80's my older brother and I dropped one in a Olds Vista-Cruiser station wagon that initially had a very tired 350. Fun project.

Joel

That run was up the 990 about 0130 or so going north toward N French Rd ( when 990 ended at N French) and past John James Audibon (Amherst PD just down off that exit)... Lucky Amherst PD not up there that night

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure you have an Ideal Supply close by ??? Filter NAPA Gold 7050 is the number just ask them

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Dec 16 2010, 12:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380473
You folks near Ft Erie/ Buffalo.... hit a dealer state side..
Any idea what the cost difference is? I just paid just over $19 with tax for my last one this week. The other dealer (where we got the truck) charges $2-3 more.

We're taking the Santa Fe down to Florida in two weeks for vacation and am wondering if it's worth stopping at a dealer along the way to grab a couple.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (Timsz @ Dec 16 2010, 10:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380472
Hey, just saw your post about aftermarket oil filter cartridge for the 2010 santy 3.5. A cheaper replacement that is not substandard would be welcome. I see you are in Canada as well, in fact not too far from me in Ontario. Where did you buy the Napa filter?
Had no luck on their web site, it doesn't even list filters for Hyundai!!
Thx - Tim
Say what?!?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts