1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SFS 2.4l
419 Posts
Same thing happened to mine after the first dealer oil change. Part Number is for entire splash shield is 29130-3S100 and does not show that cover as a separate component so it must be part of the entire assembly. I haven't been able to find one either a while back so a junk yard or dealer may be your best bet. Maybe they have a bunch laying around from all the customers cars they don't put them back on for... If you see mine there, let me know. I'd like to have it back.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Since they don't have a cover on the oil filter access...I doubt it's necessary. Just saying, don't pounce! :eek:

·
Registered
2014 SFS 2.4l
419 Posts
They don't, but it is a nice feature on our '14 SFS where less road crap ends up on the underside. Agree that if you're not driving on dirt and mud all the time, the difference is negligible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mechanic not only lost the oil filter door. He put on a blue oil filter that is about 1/4 smaller than the OEM filter. Now my oil filter wrench doesn't fit. I am very disappointed.

I ended up changing my oil without swapping out the oil filter. I have to figure out what to do with the oil filter too:

·
Registered
412 Posts
The mechanic not only lost the oil filter door. He put on a blue oil filter that is about 1/4 smaller than the OEM filter. Now my oil filter wrench doesn't fit. I am very disappointed.

I ended up changing my oil without swapping out the oil filter. I have to figure out what to do with the oil filter too:
If you bought it at a store you can return it, if not maybe sell it online or someone local who needs it. Else you could save it for your next oil change.

Make sure you get a wrench at the auto parts store so you can remove the smaller filter.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Oh non OE oil filters do vary with different manufacturers but that's no indication of an inferior product so guess you gotta suck that one.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
A clip on part. No retaining screws. Bound to fall off sooner or later.
Actually, mechanics "forget" to put it back on (or damage it and it falls-off).

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
It takes a lot of effort to clip it back in. I think they see no value in it but they put it there for a reason. Access yes but a hole would do the same. Wind noise or air flow that's more like it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts