Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my first post:
Bought the wife a new 2013 2.0T AWD, really luv it. Just now got 3000 miles on it, time to change oil. Checked level before draining, noticed it was down 1/2qt. I checked oil level in driveway day we brought car home, it was full. Checked it in same place before draining and it was there all night before I checked it.
I realize the engine is new but I think the oil usage is a little high, is this normal? Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I haven't noticed any change in the oil level on mine before and after my first oil change. Are you checking it after it sits for a while?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Exactly where is the sight glass? I'd love to check mine since I had a problem that felt like I got a air bubble clunk! while in the mountains. I thought it might be low but when I took it in the service adviser said impossible, can't happen but never had it looked at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sightglass???:blink:
I prefer to pull the dipstick.
Yes, car sat in driveway all night before I checked it, it was 1/2qt. low. Same place I checked it when it was full.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
too early to tell after just 3000 miles. Most manufaturers will not even talk to you about oil consumption unless it is greater than 1 quart in 1000 miles so you have a long way to go.

So, keep an eye on it and see. 1/2 quart in 3000 not really bad the key is if it becomes the norm or continues to increase. First oil change though, I would not worry.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Couple ounce per 1000 to total 16 ounce in 3000 mile,, you way inside of industry std for oil consumption standards..

·
Registered
870 Posts
Exactly where is the sight glass? I'd love to check mine since I had a problem that felt like I got a air bubble clunk! while in the mountains. I thought it might be low but when I took it in the service adviser said impossible, can't happen but never had it looked at.
I think you're talking transmission oil and OP is talking engine oil...

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
keep in mind that oil level will go up and down as the car heats up/cools down. you also tend to get more in the sump after the car sits for a while. oil draining back down and all. also a small amount of oil consumption is very normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts