Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of getting an OCT done (118,000 miles right now) and would be out of the powertrain warranty by the time the test is concluded. If it's found that I need a new engine/other repair work - would Hyundai or the service dept ask for receipts on the oil changes? Especially since I'll be out of warranty.

I have SOME receipts of maybe the last 4 oil changes... but NOT all of them. And I certainly don't have receipts of the Mobil 1 5w20 Synthetic oil I used through the life of the car (I always buy from Walmart). Always use OEM filter too. OCI of 5,000 miles

I do have receipts of services such as transmission drain/fill, brake fluid flush, spark plug change..

Edit* I just realized the extended warranty is for the engine knock and not related to consumption issues. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a 2014 SantaFe Limited 2.0 Turbo. For a past year or so its been using a lot of oil. 1litre per 1000km (600miles). The local dealer did a consumption test and claims that consumption is within the Hyundai tolerances. I have 15000km until my extra warranty for the Hyundai motor issue runs out.
Has anyone else had issues? I'm trying to put together a case for a motor replacement under that plan.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2.4L
23 Posts
The proposed settlement "...extends the Powertrain Warranty to a Lifetime Warranty for the engine short block assembly, upon completion of the Knock Sensor Detection System Update." So it sounds like if you've done that recall, your mileage is irrelevant wrt/the OCT and possible replacement.

I did my OCT Jan through Mar this year. I had the same thoughts about previous oil changes and servicing since I always do my own work. The dealership and Hyundai corporate never asked.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts