Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Mr Lube/Lubex here in Edmonton, Alberta, the 2010 Santa Fe is not listed on their system! Anyone else find this? Only up to the 2009 model.

I've done 10000km in three months and the oil has only been topped up at the 6000km service. However i have done a road trip since then and i want my oil changed. I do not have the tools or knowledge to do this myself so i took it to one of these well known chains only to be told above.

Would you suggest waiting until my next dealer service due in 1000km or take it to a private garage? I was thinking of treating her to a drink or some top-end oil :banana: which my dealer probably will bill me heavily for.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
313 Posts
QUOTE (stuabroad @ Aug 26 2010, 11:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352092
According to Mr Lube/Lubex here in Edmonton, Alberta, the 2010 Santa Fe is not listed on their system! Anyone else find this? Only up to the 2009 model.

I've done 10000km in three months and the oil has only been topped up at the 6000km service. However i have done a road trip since then and i want my oil changed. I do not have the tools or knowledge to do this myself so i took it to one of these well known chains only to be told above.

Would you suggest waiting until my next dealer service due in 1000km or take it to a private garage? I was thinking of treating her to a drink or some top-end oil :banana: which my dealer probably will bill me heavily for.

Thoughts?
Should tell you in the handbook??.

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (stuabroad @ Aug 26 2010, 12:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352092
Visit some other franchise, or go to dealer and buy a case of filters and take it back to them and tell them you gots a Genuine Hyundai OE oil filter for them to use...

See above comment

I was thinking of treating her to a drink or some top-end oil :banana: which my dealer probably will bill me heavily for.
Go to WAL-MART and buy your own top shelf oil, less there in most instance then any other store.... we gots people who bring thier own oil when they want oil change, they say nothing about buying the OE Hyundai oil filter..
Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
What a coincidence that Mr. Lube refuses to change the oil on your Santa Fe. I refuse to let Mr. Lube change the oil on my Santa Fe, too!

:grin:

Seriously, either pay the dealer the $35 or whatever, or find a reputable private garage. Or better yet, do it yourself. With the overhead oil filter and generous ground clearance underneath, I find it faster to do it in my driveway than to drive it anywhere. Plus it lets me buy my own oil on sale... long live the CrappyTire Weekly Flyer!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
+1 on learning how to do it yourself. I have been the only person to change the oil in my car for almost 100,000 miles and let me tell you, I actually look forward to it. I know it sounds silly but it's something I enjoy and (get ready to laugh) provides me with some bonding time with the car.

I have to do it this weekend. :grin: Going to go pick up some Mobil1 10W30 and a Hyundai oil filter tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts