Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
BTW, they included me one oil change service... I will do it in April and will have all specs (oil and filter). Then I will plan future maintenance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
BTW, they included me one oil change service... I will do it in April and will have all specs (oil and filter). Then I will plan future maintenance.
oil change question solved... I will do it at dealership. After discussion with service manager I found out that the price is absolutely normal not comparable to BMW service even I never paid for it.
All my leases (even CPO one) included this maintenance and brake fluid change once per 2-3 years.

Also, I will store tires at H* (the price may be $5-$10 more than any third party garage (again not BMW).
Sure it is advantage for me. All basic things (including periodic inspection) will be done under one roof (dealership) where I have extremly friendly relation.

One more question. My car was staying in the yard from November, still at dealership for fan issue. So it's already 4 month (120km ODO).
Should I change oil in April or I can postpone it to November (expect 8K KM by this time).
Basically the oil was just "stored" in the engine. Was not heated for 4 month. I guess there is nothing wrong with changing oil in November.
But have a feeling that it will be just "nice" to do it in April.
I can ask an opinion of service manager but what do you think?

I rememeber Lexus asked to bring the car after one month for oil change for their expense. Never paid maintenance for BMW.

·
Registered
108 Posts
oil change question solved... I will do it at dealership. After discussion with service manager I found out that the price is absolutely normal not comparable to BMW service even I never paid for it.
All my leases (even CPO one) included this maintenance and brake fluid change once per 2-3 years.

Also, I will store tires at H* (the price may be $5-$10 more than any third party garage (again not BMW).
Sure it is advantage for me. All basic things (including periodic inspection) will be done under one roof (dealership) where I have extremly friendly relation.

One more question. My car was staying in the yard from November, still at dealership for fan issue. So it's already 4 month (120km ODO).
Should I change oil in April or I can postpone it to November (expect 8K KM by this time).
Basically the oil was just "stored" in the engine. Was not heated for 4 month. I guess there is nothing wrong with changing oil in November.
But have a feeling that it will be just "nice" to do it in April.
I can ask an opinion of service manager but what do you think?

I rememeber Lexus asked to bring the car after one month for oil change for their expense. Never paid maintenance for BMW.
google brought me the answer to my question. Do you agree? I do :) .

"If you don't rack up 5000 miles within 6 months (presumably only making short trips, thus the low mileage) then yes, you should change it after 6 months. If you're not racking up the miles simply because you don't drive the car often (but whenever you DO drive it, it's a long trip that gets the engine warmed up), then just go by the mileage."

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited
123 Posts
In the US the 6 month oil change is for "severe service". The owners manual spells out the many conditions Hyundai considers servere service. Frequent short trips is one of the conditions but there are many other.
In my opinion the reason to be concerned about your question is the issue of the warranty conditions--which include maintenance in accordance with Hyundai specifications. So assuming the maintenance requirements are the same as in the US, and assuming you don't meet the severe service conditions then the oil change interval would be 12 months or the specified mileage--and you told us you won't meet the specified mileage.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In the US the 6 month oil change is for "severe service". The owners manual spells out the many conditions Hyundai considers servere service. Frequent short trips is one of the conditions but there are many other.
In my opinion the reason to be concerned about your question is the issue of the warranty conditions--which include maintenance in accordance with Hyundai specifications. So assuming the maintenance requirements are the same as in the US, and assuming you don't meet the severe service conditions then the oil change interval would be 12 months or the specified mileage--and you told us you won't meet the specified mileage.
Thanks Bob.
I will check what says our manual (must be the same).
My car is leased but I want to compliant.
Probably old approach when I was checking oil regularly will be to pull out the oil stick and check oil color.

Never checked the oil condition (color or quantity) for last 10 years with once per year oil change.
Before somebody will tell something ....
I want to add that BMWs at least 3 series from 2011 simply don't have a stick. YES. It's true.
And sure I never drove my cars in heavy road conditions.

That is why this whole story with H* 6 month makes me a bit uncomfortable.
But thank you for pointing me out to the right direction based on User manual.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2021 N-Line has "0W-20" stamped on the oil fill cap and the owners manual calls out 0W-20 full synthetic. My dealer indicates the 3 year free maintenance provides for an oil change every 6000 miles or annually which ever comes first. Based on warranty compliance issues I plan on following the manufacturer's recommendations.
My S54 powered 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe calls for 10W-60 full synthetic with a 15,000 OCI. Being super conservative I change oil/filter every 5000 miles and do a Blackstone oil analysis.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2021 N-Line has "0W-20" stamped on the oil fill cap and the owners manual calls out 0W-20 full synthetic. My dealer indicates the 3 year free maintenance provides for an oil change every 6000 miles or annually which ever comes first. Based on warranty compliance issues I plan on following the manufacturer's recommendations.
My S54 powered 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe calls for 10W-60 full synthetic with a 15,000 OCI. Being super conservative I change oil/filter every 5000 miles and do a Blackstone oil analysis.
First of all, I love your E86 Z4 M and obviously little jealous. I think more frequent oil change and Blackstone analysis is a great idea on older engines like your S54.
Now my thoughts on the subject matter of oil change; the first 3years/36,000 miles are taken care by the dealer, so let the dealer decide the frequency. Just taken into the dealer when the car tells you. 6k miles or 8k miles, does it matter? For God sake, it’s a $30k dd/family sedan and not a Ferrari 250 GTO. I’m sure it’s not going to matter how frequent the oil change takes place, as long as it is WNL. And I’m sure the warranty will not void either way. I didn’t know these little scooter engines were so finicky. 😂

41 - 48 of 48 Posts