Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooooo. i got my previous oil change i think at 38000 km. i just did mine at 53000... uuhhh do as i say, not as i doo...

i drained it into an oil spill pan and transfered it into a wash fluid jug. the 3,78 liter ones. well, i figure with what left in the engine and the spill pan, i guess around 1.75 liters of oil.... wowww. im stupid and i hope none of you make my mistake.

so the ticking noises have gone away now and the car feels like it actually has 120 hp like its dynoed.. so i feel better.

but yea... make sure you put oil in your engines once in a while... i got lazy and put it off

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Jul 1 2010, 07:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338032
sooooo. i got my previous oil change i think at 38000 km. i just did mine at 53000... uuhhh do as i say, not as i doo...

i drained it into an oil spill pan and transfered it into a wash fluid jug. the 3,78 liter ones. well, i figure with what left in the engine and the spill pan, i guess around 1.75 liters of oil.... wowww. im stupid and i hope none of you make my mistake.

so the ticking noises have gone away now and the car feels like it actually has 120 hp like its dynoed.. so i feel better.

but yea... make sure you put oil in your engines once in a while... i got lazy and put it off
What performance mods do you have that made your car dyno @ 120?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kfx header, mandrel bent exhaust with flow thro muffler, sri, poly injected engine mount x 2 and a grain fan blowing cool air at the engine with no hood on

its more like 119.3 but i rounded. no i dont have a pic for you..

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Jul 1 2010, 07:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338032

What were your mods again? It would be cool if 120HP could be gotten with oil, sparks, and intake alone. I really have no conception of how the accent responds to mods, so just wondering.

As for the oil, I thought that the most that you could do and still keep it under warranty was 7500 miles. They won't go crazy if you change it yourself, but I figured that they would try to bring it up on warranty claims if you couldn't prove that you bought so many oil changings worth of oil at regular intervals (dated on the receipts).

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Shingo1-6 @ Jul 1 2010, 11:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338121
What were your mods again? It would be cool if 120HP could be gotten with oil, sparks, and intake alone. I really have no conception of how the accent responds to mods, so just wondering.

As for the oil, I thought that the most that you could do and still keep it under warranty was 7500 miles. They won't go crazy if you change it yourself, but I figured that they would try to bring it up on warranty claims if you couldn't prove that you bought so many oil changings worth of oil at regular intervals (dated on the receipts).
I just asked this and it was just answered lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Shingo1-6 @ Jul 1 2010, 09:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338121

well my dad is my journeyman mechanic so all maintenance is done by him. and they cant prove that i actually didnt do the oil change. for all they know, i went on vacation for2 months and didnt need to change the oil. and there are cars on the forums with close to 150 hp n/a and 170 turbo

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Jul 2 2010, 09:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338234
well my dad is my journeyman mechanic so all maintenance is done by him. and they cant prove that i actually didnt do the oil change. for all they know, i went on vacation for2 months and didnt need to change the oil. and there are cars on the forums with close to 150 hp n/a and 170 turbo
They probably don't have a detective going after every oil change or the timing/milage of every change. Still, I did hear that there has to be documentation of some sort. I don't know too many Hyundai mechanics, so I don't know what their requirements are.

Anyway, I need to dyno my car. I haven't gone the I/H/E route yet. Just NGK IX's, K&N element, Mobil 1 oil & Filter, and my condenser unit/grounding kit. Theoretically it should be around 120, but those HP claims rarely pan out.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
We just had a guy last week and his engine was shot from oil sludging. He said he did the oil on time, but couldn't prove it. HMC wouldn't honor the warranty. So save the receipts and keep good records, etc.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when you buy the oil filter from hyundai, thats a good indicator that your doing an oil change. and thats only if the oil sludges. fat chance with synthetic tho and i use oem filters so the problem is even more reduced in occurance. and like i said i dont get receipts, my dad or i do the work. only receipt i get is the filter and thats stored in the dealer system. they told me once that they didnt keep copies or records of purchases, i laughed a little and asked to speak to a manager cuse i knew the girl at the counter was lying to me...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts