Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

Can anyone tell me if the 2015 turbo has port injection along with their GDI? Looking to get a catch can if its not flowing gas over the valves. I know the newer cars are using both now a days to prevent carbon deposits on the valves but do our cars use both???

Thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Our engines are simply direct injection so you have to watch out for carbon build up. Use only top tier fuels and a good fuel additive every so often. Longer drives where the engine temps get up to normal operating temp are better than short trips at helping keep the build up down.
Plus adding a catch can can't hurt. You'd be surprised at the nasty looking gunk mine collects.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Get a 3 port baffled catch can and you'll be all set. I have ran 3 different catch can setups on my car.

Add W1 (single and dual cans)
Saikou Michi (Dual cans)
Lap 3/ Saikou Michi (3 port can)

Add W1 uses cheap o-rings and they stretch after awhile. Using the standard configuration you're routing boost through the can, so it has to be air tight or you'll lose boost/power.

The Saikou Michi cans were great, but I wanted a cleaner look. I sold them to another member on facebook which I talk to daily now.

The Lap 3 can is probably the best one out there, 3 ports (2 from valve cover and one to low vac on intake tube). I've caught a **** of a lot from the can and it works great and is easy to empty.

Pics of my current setup and what I caught in the catch cans last year for reference. Also a pic of what I caught this summer in 8K miles (you don't catch much.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yes there's a 1/4 turn valve on the bottom of the can that you turn to empty it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes there's a 1/4 turn valve on the bottom of the can that you turn to empty it.

I actually added the remote drain valve feature to my two OCCs (see signature line). Works great! These are 1/4 turn ball valves and have a nipple that allows me to hook another hose to it and snake it down to the belly pan interface. Simple to drain - no fuss or muss. I get 1 to 2 oz out of the PCV one every 5K miles or so and nary a drop out of the intake one (likely not really needed). In the winter I'll get more (more watery like) from the PCV one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts