Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got a 2004 XG. I am curious as to what motor oils u prefer to add to your cars, and would an oil additive if any?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by betz698@Nov 27 2004, 12:07 AM
Hey guys, just got a 2004 XG.  I am curious as to what motor oils u prefer to add to your cars, and would an oil additive if any?
[snapback]3080[/snapback]​

Hi,
I personally refer Castrol Syntec 5W50 for all year round use up here in Canada. My old Sonata ran on it for 436K km (275K miles) without any engine quirks. At the end the engine only consumed only +-2.5 ltr (qt) in 10K km (6K miles), which is totally exceptable. This is also the preferred oil also for my customers and friends, with the same longevity result. I do oil change intervals at 10K km (6K miles).
As for additives; I have 40 year long good experience with WYNN”s products (also known as “X-TEND”). I add “METALOIL” to the crank case every 3~4 oil changes.
:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by betz698@Nov 27 2004, 02:07 AM
Hey guys, just got a 2004 XG.  I am curious as to what motor oils u prefer to add to your cars, and would an oil additive if any?
[snapback]3080[/snapback]​

I have been using Amsoil 10w40 im my 04 XG. The oil is so good you don't have to change it for a full year. You just have to change the filter evry six months. Amsoil makes a great filter. Proof is in the pudding. I've used it in my Caravan for 60,000 miles with zero problems. Check out their website www.amsoil.com.
BTW, I checked with an independent oil testing company a couple years back and Amsoil was tops across the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts