Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Sonata 2.4l and I have been having some engine vibrations for a while after a timing belt replacement. It took a few tries to get the timing right but I still have the vibration. I recently had to replace a pulley on the tensioner assembly because it was making a noticible noise. When I was trying to get the timing marks aligned by using the rotating the balance shaft looking for the spot where it comes back to the the mark method I could not find it like I did in the past. Rotating the balance shaft gear was not smooth. Is it possible that shaft is warped from so much time vibrating?

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
BTW.......These shafts can be indexed if it's original to the engine you may find a mark on it. Look closely at it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes but I rotated the shaft by hand many times and could not find the spot where it comes back to to alignment like it did in the past. Also rotating the shaft was not as smooth as it was before. Could the shaft be warped?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car has had a heavy vibration for almost a year after I initially replaced the timing belt because I was not fully aware of the proper alignment procedure and took a few go arounds . There was the procedure for the timing which included the oil balance shaft and counter balance belt adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts