1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry it works with older versions of Explorer (I'm with IE8). Most browsers today support SVG natively but Hyundai is using an old-fashion way to embed SVG relying on the Adobe plugin. Adobe stopped supporting the plugin in 2009.

Anyways, the SVG are still available in the ZIP folder at www . hyundaitechinfo . com\data\Passenger\HY\HMA\ENG\ETM-Images\HY-GD13-IMAGES-ENG

To know the name of the SVG it is visible in the address bar when you click on the popup button.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is great, thanks! Unfortunately the ETM doesn't work for me either. I tried 32 and 64 bit IE (both version 11, which is too new I guess!).

·
Registered
89 Posts
The downloads from the first link work, no luck with the others. Go to the download site and navigate to the files you need, in the Shop directory, then download the zip file for your car. The zip file looks the same as the original site when unzipped. Many thanks to TurboLed for this work, I was able to get the complete manuals for our Santa Fe and i30 (Elantra GT).

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I said with ETMs, to see the schematics, you either have to use an older version of IE with the SVG plugin or open the .SVG files manually. When you open a schematics then click on the popup button, the end of the link contains an image name. Find this image name in the following folder:
www . hyundaitechinfo . com\data\Passenger\HY\HMA\ENG\ETM-Images\HY-GD13-IMAGES-ENG

Anyways, we encounter the same issue on the actual website.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Fortunately, I also kept my older laptop, with XP and IE8, so It's working there for me. Any Win7 users could use XP mode to make this work. Win 8 users may be SOL, unless they open the files manually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts