Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is nothing else available to do to my car :( There is just not a big aftermarket support for this car...

All that I can think of doing is lowering it but I am not going to pay to put coil overs on this car.. So just need some springs... Which no one makes yet...

Well I lie. I want to paint my calipers, but the weather is always against me when I have free time..

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I'll just get my new 2014 GT tomorrow, I think this car looks good the way it is however I will have my windows tinted, I'll have door sticker covers, Painted calipers, Compass-Nav, mud guards, in the future I'd like unique aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is nothing else available to do to my car :( There is just not a big aftermarket support for this car...

All that I can think of doing is lowering it but I am not going to pay to put coil overs on this car.. So just need some springs... Which no one makes yet...

Well I lie. I want to paint my calipers, but the weather is always against me when I have free time..

H&R makes springs for the Elantras you know. $350.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
H&R makes springs for the Elantras you know. $350.
I emailed them last week and got a response saying they were still in R&D.. Unless you know something I dont.

I am located not far from their shop, I have offered them my car even to help speed things up. Its just not high on their priority list.. In reality they will probably not sell a TON of them anyway...

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
22,793 Posts

Hopefully, this will (and should) improve with a little more time.

Those of us that bought the first 2011 MD's were hung out to dry where aftermarket accessories were concerned. Best we could hope for back then was the wheel mods, tinted windows, and dreams of a little plasti-dipping. Even Hyundai's own factory mud guards were back-ordered and late arriving on scene at the dealers.

But now? Holy cow! Just doing a search on my model, and I get so many hits it takes a weekend to sort them all out. Maybe the sedan's overwhelming sales numbers had something to do with the speed that aftermarket products went from concept to customer. I can't answer that.

The GT is in it's 2nd year of production. Given time, there are a ton of suppliers just salivating to get into your pockets. Once they figure out how and with what, you had better get ready and hang on for the ride. You'll be joining the rest of us in the mod poor house!

Patience is a virtue; something I'm not good at. When I want something, I want it NOW! :grin:

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Have you been looking for i30 mods as well. This car is sold all over the world and only called Elantra GT here in N. America

·
Registered
133 Posts
The European i30 has independent rear suspension. We do not.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
That's cool if the i30 has independent suspension, indeed! they could not sell a rear solid axle to the Europeans, they like manual transmission and perfect handling. We in America are a different market, we drive automatics and like boring cars. (Not talking about us, forum members, we bought the new Hyundai's because we're unique)

·
22,793 Posts
ElantraGeeTee, What kind of money are we looking at for a conversion such as this?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
ElantraGeeTee, What kind of money are we looking at for a conversion such as this?
It may not be possible to do a swap, I read somewhere that Hyundai went the solid axle route to save money, no maintenance, more leg room at the back, with an independent suspension they would have had to modify the floor and cut on the rear leg room to make space for the complex multi-link independent suspension. I suppose the i30 has a slightly different platform to accommodate the independent suspension, can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's a great lookin' ride

·
Registered
459 Posts
It may not be possible to do a swap, I read somewhere that Hyundai went the solid axle route to save money, no maintenance, more leg room at the back, with an independent suspension they would have had to modify the floor and cut on the rear leg room to make space for the complex multi-link independent suspension. I suppose the i30 has a slightly different platform to accommodate the independent suspension, can someone confirm this?
The i30 and EGT share identical platforms. There's no cutting into the rear area to mount the multi-link suspension.

·
Registered
138 Posts

What about a custom-made cat back exhaust? Back in the day (late 90's) there were no mods available for our Impreza 2.5RS models. We had to resort to fabricating or developing our own mods. I had a local shop fab a 2.5" stainless steel exhaust system using pre-bent mandrel bends and a borla turbo muffler. BBetween that and a short ram intake, I was able to take .5 seconds off of my 1/4 time...and.it sounded badass.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts