Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div align='center'>

Hyundai‘s Sonata Hybrid just had its launch in San Diego, and while driving impressions are embargoed until next Monday, we do have a bit of good news to report.

According to Dave Thomas of Kicking Tires, the Sonata Hybrid will be eligible for a $1,300 tax credit from the federal government. The tax credit is a little finicky; the rebate is determined by the vehicle's city mileage, which means the 36 mpg rated Sonata gets a smaller rebate than the 41 mpg rated Ford Fusion Hybrid, but the credit is only available on the first 60,000 hybrid vehicles sold by the manufacturer. Ford, as well as Toyota, have sold far more than that number, leaving them ineligible for the credit.

More: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Qualifies For $1,300 Tax Credit on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
330 Posts
... is it just me that thinks the hybrid ruins the sonata's image? they should really get rid of that big mouth grille at the front....

·
Registered
817 Posts
It does have a Chrysler Sebring sort-of look, doesn't it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I dont know.. I kinda like the different look that the hybrid has
I REALLLY dig this color on it, much better than the blue/silver that we've all seen

Does any one know if this is the same red that's currently being offered? It looks a bit more vibrant to me..

Tail lights are pretty badass too!

Also wish we had the perforated leather seats :( i wonder if these will have better leather quality than the stupid dimpled ones we have now

* Oh.. and the panoramic sunroof?!? *DROOL*

Ok.. maybe I'm ready to trade my limited in hahaha I could def use the high 30's EPA vs my net average of 21 mpg that i'm currently getting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why Sonata Hybrid gets only $1300 tax credit when Nissan Altima Hybrid gets $2300 tax credit with worse city mileage?

I was hoping to buy Sonata Hybrid with better than $2300 tax credit but now I need to reconsider Nissan Hybrid. :(

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (qsxd @ Oct 14 2010, 01:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363387
Why Sonata Hybrid gets only $1300 tax credit when Nissan Altima Hybrid gets $2300 tax credit with worse city mileage?

I was hoping to buy Sonata Hybrid with better than $2300 tax credit but now I need to reconsider Nissan Hybrid. :(
Are you serious? Being a first post on the forum, your comment reeks of a troll.

I went to Nissan's site and built an Altima Hybrid with close to the same specs as a Sonata Hybrid and the cost after destination is $33,060. The Sonata is expected to be several THOUSAND dollars less.

The Altima Hybrid makes 33/33 city/hwy MPG, the Sonata is 37/39 MPG.

The Altima Hybrid makes 198 combined HP while the Sonata makes 209 combined HP.

The Altima Hybrid is based off a model that debuted in 2007 where as the Sonta is an all new car with a newer platform and newer features.

To me the two cars do not compare well at all, and you are worried about a $1000 tax credit difference?

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Oct 14 2010, 06:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363416
Are you serious? Being a first post on the forum, your comment reeks of a troll.

I went to Nissan's site and built an Altima Hybrid with close to the same specs as a Sonata Hybrid and the cost after destination is $33,060. The Sonata is expected to be several THOUSAND dollars less.

The Altima Hybrid makes 33/33 city/hwy MPG, the Sonata is 37/39 MPG.

The Altima Hybrid makes 198 combined HP while the Sonata makes 209 combined HP.

The Altima Hybrid is based off a model that debuted in 2007 where as the Sonta is an all new car with a newer platform and newer features.

To me the two cars do not compare well at all, and you are worried about a $1000 tax credit difference?
Do a little more research before you accuse me a troll. you sound like clueless.
MSRP is NOT what people paid. Check the best deals people have gotten.

Altima hybrid prices paid (mostly 2010 model)
http://townhall.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f13ada9

Sonata prices paid
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef040b2

You will see that some people has gotten 2010 Altima hybrid cheaper than Sonata 2011 GLS model. If I can find similar deals around my area, i would have bought Altima hybrid already but the best web deals I have seen is ~21K for 2010 Altima Hybrid base BEFORE tax credit.

For fully loaded 2010 altima hybrid, some people got it under 25k before tax credit. that's cheaper than fully loaded non-hybrid Sonata model.

The botttomline is that you can get at least 4.5k rebate + 2.35K tax credit for 2010 Altima Hybrid or 2.5K rebate + 2.35K tax credit for 2011 Altima hybrid.
Check www.overstock.com. Altima hybrid priced at Invoice before applying rebate and tax credit. So it's like minimum 8K off MSRP with tax credit but I'm looking for a better deal.

When Sonata hybrid will be comming out, it's new model so the price would stay close to MSRP until the end of this year, when hybrid tax credit expires.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (qsxd @ Oct 14 2010, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363443
Do a little more research before you accuse me a troll. you sound like clueless.
MSRP is NOT what people paid. Check the best deals people have gotten.

Altima hybrid prices paid (mostly 2010 model)
http://townhall.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f13ada9

Sonata prices paid
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef040b2

You will see that some people has gotten 2010 Altima hybrid cheaper than Sonata 2011 GLS model. If I can find similar deals around my area, i would have bought Altima hybrid already but the best web deals I have seen is ~21K for 2010 Altima Hybrid base BEFORE tax credit.

For fully loaded 2010 altima hybrid, some people got it under 25k before tax credit. that's cheaper than fully loaded non-hybrid Sonata model.

The botttomline is that you can get at least 4.5k rebate + 2.35K tax credit for 2010 Altima Hybrid or 2.5K rebate + 2.35K tax credit for 2011 Altima hybrid.
Check www.overstock.com. Altima hybrid priced at Invoice before applying rebate and tax credit. So it's like minimum 8K off MSRP before tax credit but I'm looking for a better deal.

When Sonata hybrid will be comming out, it's new model so the price would stay close to MSRP until the end of this year, when hybrid tax credit expires.
I stand corrected. I apologize for accusing you of being a troll. It just seemed to be a rather off-base first post but I can see you have done your research! :) I still think the Sonata Hybrid is both a better car and a better value, even without the extra $1000 credit.

:00000732: And, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Oct 14 2010, 10:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363455
I stand corrected. I apologize for accusing you of being a troll. It just seemed to be a rather off-base first post but I can see you have done your research! :) I still think the Sonata Hybrid is both a better car and a better value, even without the extra $1000 credit.

:00000732: And, welcome to the forum! :)
I also prefer Sonata. Altima model is old and outdated. I have read articles that Sonata Hybrid should get ~3k tax credit. I thought that makes sense since it's better city mileage than Altima Hybrid.

However, with such low tax credit and Sonata Hybrid comming out at the end of 2010, Sonata Hybrid can be a few thousands more expensive that Altima Hybrid. Doesn't the price of new model usually stays near MSRP for the first 1 month? Tax credit expires at the end of this year.

If I can buy Altima Hybrid for ~9k off MSRP before tax credit, I could use it for 3 years and trade-in for minimal lose. Sonata Hybrid might be cheaper and more reliable 3 years later than at the end of this year.

That's why I'm considering Altima Hybrid now. I hate it but it's just so cheap and few thousands less that any other hybrid.

·
1,914 Posts
This is the thread to post anything having to do with the all new Sonata Hybrid. Please post here so we don't have muliple posts started :beer: .

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Enjoy :whistling:

What gives ?? I cant see my own pics I ut up ??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

We never did get that $1300 tax credit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts