Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the following ... I would appreciate your thoughts or suggestions regarding such. What price did you pay? Where else have you looked. Can you offer a better price?

To start off I plan to keep our current 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T for 100k and/or 10yrs. We usually keep one car this long it seems.

The below quotes are for KS with mileage between 0-10,000.

Hyundai HPP "Platinum" Plan ... btw does cover the Turbo etc... Seems to be very comprehensive.

$100 deductible
$1,488 - 10yr/100k miles
$1,211 - 07yr/100k miles

$0 deductible
$1,752 - 10yr/100k miles
$1,453 - 07yr/100k miles

http://www.officialhyundaiwarranty.com/

http://www.officialhyundaiwarranty.com/PDF...HPPbrochure.pdf

Regards,

·
Registered
277 Posts
You're not paying for 10/100k because we already get 5/100k bumper to bumper.
You're paying for 5 years of additional b to b.
That makes the prices a lot more expensive. They should be divided in half.

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.Wonderful @ Nov 22 2010, 09:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373827
You're not paying for 10/100k because we already get 5/100k bumper to bumper.
You're paying for 5 years of additional b to b.
That makes the prices a lot more expensive. They should be divided in half.
Check the factory warranty more closely...

It isn't 5/60 bumper to bumper. Some parts are 1/12, 3/36, and 5/60.

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (Adamleefirsthyundai @ Nov 22 2010, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373882
Check the factory warranty more closely...

It isn't 5/60 bumper to bumper. Some parts are 1/12, 3/36, and 5/60.
I stand (sit) corrected.
You are right. My bad.

93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (2011sonataturbo @ Nov 27 2010, 12:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375017
I just paid $1,600 for the 10/100 extended warranty with NO deductible. Anyone else get a better price??? Its for the 2.0T Limited.
What level of coverage did you get for the $1,600 Platinum/Gold/Silver/Powertrain?

You can get a "Platinum" plan with $0 deductible for $1,752 per the below. I would like to know what plan level you have. Thanks,

----

I am considering the following ... I would appreciate your thoughts or suggestions regarding such. What price did you pay? Where else have you looked. Can you offer a better price?

To start off I plan to keep our current 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T for 100k and/or 10yrs. We usually keep one car this long it seems.

Hyundai HPP "Platinum" Plan ... btw does cover the Turbo etc... Seems to be very comprehensive.

$100 deductible
$1,488 - 10yr/100k miles
$1,211 - 07yr/100k miles

$0 deductible
$1,752 - 10yr/100k miles
$1,453 - 07yr/100k miles

Regards,

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (2011HYUNDAISONATA20100930 @ Nov 27 2010, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375126
What level of coverage did you get for the $1,600 Platinum/Gold/Silver/Powertrain?

You can get a "Platinum" plan with $0 deductible for $1,752 per the below. I would like to know what plan level you have. Thanks,

----

$100 deductible
$1,488 - 10yr/100k miles
$1,211 - 07yr/100k miles

$0 deductible
$1,752 - 10yr/100k miles
$1,453 - 07yr/100k miles

Regards,

I have the Platinum Plan with $0 deductible.

93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer quoted the following today.

For the "Automotive Preferred Care" highest level available ...

$100 deductible
$1,382 + tax

$0 deductible
$1,507 + tax

They have used http://www.cnanational.com/index.htm for 15yrs+. He even mentioned they had used a second company during this time as well but that company had gone bankrupt and CNA National stepped up and took on those services contracts until they expired.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The site linked by Hyundai on the help-faq page, (http://www.hyundaiusa.com/help-faq.aspx)
"In addition to the vehicle warranty, do you offer an extended service plan?" ---- , is http://www.jmagroup.com/Hyundai.aspx
They are the company which has been contracted by Hyundai to administer the "Offiical" Hyundai HPP (Hyundai Protection Plan).

Many people can sell the plan, including dealers. There is a member of this forum that can answer your questions and sells the HPP plans at a fair discount (he is a Hyundai dealer). Search for HyundaiDealer in the member list and/or send him a PM (Personal Message) on this forum. He will speak to you on the phone as well. Nice guy from NH. I have a new Sonata Limited (no nav pkg) and I got the "Gold Plus" plan (0 deductable) through Ron (HyundaiDealer).

Easily is saving me $$ on the plan, beating my local dealer and any other source I could find. Much lower than prices I see quoted here.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I paid about $850 to get the full warranty to 100k platinum for 5 years. ( i do about 20k/yr). Yes there is the standard warranty but it does not cover a ton of stuff after 60k, especially electrical. Also it gets you a rental car and towing if you don't have AAA.

The dealer asked $1600 and I started laughing, he immediately came down by nearly half. After all the stuff that went wrong with my accord I decided that it was worth the money to extend it. The center console alone was over $1000 and just one o2 sensor $350.

It is just about not having repairs and a monthly payment. I can handle one but not both.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 30 2010, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375953
in order to keep the warranty valid do you have to do every scheduled maintenance with the dealer and on time?

The latest HPP plan does require require regularly scheduled/recommended maintenance to be performed, but does not require that the maintenance has been performed by a dealer. It is important to keep a good maintenance log book and save all pertinent receipts (in case you are questioned).

I have a 10 yr extended Hyundai plan on my 2002 Sonata and have had some oil changes that were NOT done at the dealership and I was never questioned as to whether they were performed while I was receiving other "extended warranty" service, by the dealer. I think that is one of the important things about having a good working relationship with your dealership and the service manager. Keeping good records will prevent conflicts.

93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am looking into purchasing the HPP official warranty plan (http://www.officialhyundaiwarranty.com/).

I have read through the brochure but it is still unclear to me as to what is exactly covered and what is not covered. Have any of you seen anything that defines the covered in more detail. Ideally at a part # level would be great.

Specifically I am trying to understand what additional items are covered upgrading from the Gold Plus to the Platinum plan. A gentleman I spoke with informed me that the Platinum plan would cover the navigation system but the Gold Plus would not. The vehicle I currently own does NOT have the navigation systems.

I would appreciate all of your thoughts and/or comments.

Regards,

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (2011HYUNDAISONATA20100930 @ Dec 3 2010, 09:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376633
I am looking into purchasing the HPP official warranty plan (http://www.officialhyundaiwarranty.com/).

I have read through the brochure but it is still unclear to me as to what is exactly covered and what is not covered. Have any of you seen anything that defines the covered in more detail. Ideally at a part # level would be great.

Specifically I am trying to understand what additional items are covered upgrading from the Gold Plus to the Platinum plan. A gentleman I spoke with informed me that the Platinum plan would cover the navigation system but the Gold Plus would not. The vehicle I currently own does NOT have the navigation systems.

I would appreciate all of your thoughts and/or comments.

Regards,
Same with me. I'm interested in this plan but I only have an SE without NAV so I'm curious about the differences between gold and plat

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (rrawson @ Dec 6 2010, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377331
Same with me. I'm interested in this plan but I only have an SE without NAV so I'm curious about the differences between gold and plat

HPP brochure

Page 2 shows the difference between plans.

GOLD
PowerTrain has 57 covered components
Silver has 84 covered components
GoldPlus plan has 218 covered components >> 1 of 4 Hyundai ESP Plans
Platinum has 500+ covered components

Seeking the stability and security of Hyundai HPP coverage, knowing it will increase your Sonata 's resale value? Are you uncomfortable with complex, hi-tech components for do-it-yourselfer attempts? Looking forward to excellent(218 component) coverage for your Sonata ? The GoldPlus plan could be the perfect Hyundai HPP plan choice. Hyundai HPP GoldPlus Plan is the 2nd most comprehensive of all Hyundai HPP plans, covering the many-many mechanical components.

You should strongly consider this GoldPlus plan IF :
* Your Sonata is moderately to highly equipped.
* Low-tolerance for unexpected repair bills
* Looking to increase resale value

Hyundai HPP GoldPlus Info:
Covered Components: 218 see 218 Covered components
Labor Included: Yes ( on covered components )
» Direct Payment - No need for you to pay and wait for reimbursement. HPP pays the Hyundai dealer for the repair ...Directly !!
Deductibles: $100 is standard
$0 available ( will raise cost )
» Direct Payment - No need for you to pay and wait for reimbursement. HPP pays the Hyundai dealer for the repair ...Directly !!
Towing: Up to $75
Rental: 10 days / up to $35 daily (not in HI)
Transferable: Yes (this makes your Hyundai extra-attractive to future buyers )
Cancelable: Yes ( after 60 days, if not used )
Available Dealers: Hyundai Dealers
across US
Trip Interruption help: Yes (up to $375 of help when over 100 mi from home)
Brochure: View GoldPlus brochure
Contract: View 2008-07 Hyundai HPP sample contract

Plat

PowerTrain has 57 covered components
Silver Plan has 84 covered components
GoldPlus Plan has 218 covered components
Platininum plan has 500++ covered components >> 1 of 4 Hyundai HPP Plans

Looking forward to complete(500+ component) coverage for your Sonata ? Are you uncomfortable with complex, hi-tech components for do-it-yourselfer attempts? Seeking the ultimate coverage & security of Hyundai HPP, while looking to increase your Sonata 's resale value? The Platinum Plan could be the perfect Hyundai HPP plan choice. Platinum Plan covers the most mechanical components. Typically we list those items NOT Covered rather than the huge list of covered items when defining component coverage for the Platinum Plan.

You should strongly consider this Platinum Plan IF :
* Your Sonata is highly equipped.
* Low-tolerance for unexpected repair bills
* Looking to increase resale value

Hyundai HPP Platinum Plan Info:
Covered Components: 500+ see 500 Covered components
Labor Included: Yes ( on covered components )
Deductibles: $100 is standard
$0 available ( will raise cost )
Towing: Up to $75
Rental: 10 days / up to $35 daily (not in HI)
Transferable: Yes (this makes your Hyundai extra-attractive to future buyers)
Cancelable: Yes ( after 60 days, if not used )
Available Dealers: Hyundai Dealers
across US
Trip Interruption help: Yes (up to $375 of help when over 100 mi from home)
Brochure: View Platinum Plan brochure
Contract: View 2008-07 Hyundai HPP sample contract

1 - 17 of 17 Posts