Hyundai Forums banner

481 - 497 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, well I just got the h7!

Attached ate pictures, because it doesn't fit in the clip based retention! I can't lock it in place.

Please, quick help is needed while car is in pieces lol...

They both look great, but you are paying a premium for the compact size and the more expensive bulbs are not CREE based LEDs, or at least the other model says it is and not this one. Canada has more variety of LED lamps available likely due to our weird restrictions here, and I was wondering why I didn't know what T1 vice K7 was, but it's the model numbers.

H11b bulb bases are hard to find any aftermarket parts for, and you are almost guaranteed to be taking a dremel to the base or replacing the incoming side of the wiring, so it really makes no difference. The H11 is the same as H11b electrical specs, the B part is just a twist and snap as opposed to standard clip based retention into the socket.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts

Attached ate pictures, because it doesn't fit in the clip based retention! I can't lock it in place.

That's why I said that you would likely be taking a dremel to the socket, because no LED (nor HID) kits fit in the original socket without modification. There might be one, I am sure someone will point out that if I am wrong, but I have never seen it.

At least you will need to fashion your own clip to replace the original one, add something (other than the original dust cover, obviously) is probably a good idea, but not always necessary. Good LEDs make more heat, which is why they have those cooling fins / fans.

You likely will need to mod the dust covers to let the new device through. Those are inexpensive, so if you get it too funky you can fix or revert.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Has anyone here done this? How exactly to mod it or what to dremel away? I don't have a dremel, so ideally a way to bend the clip to fit in would be great...

That's why I said that you would likely be taking a dremel to the socket, because no LED (nor HID) kits fit in the original socket without modification. There might be one, I am sure someone will point out that if I am wrong, but I have never seen it.

At least you will need to fashion your own clip to replace the original one, add something (other than the original dust cover, obviously) is probably a good idea, but not always necessary. Good LEDs make more heat, which is why they have those cooling fins / fans.

You likely will need to mod the dust covers to let the new device through. Those are inexpensive, so if you get it too funky you can fix or revert.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Every installation is different, so the specific steps depend on what you want and what the part requires. For now, concentrate on getting it to work and then on staying put. Once you get that far, you can work on making it nice, neat & clean.

·
Registered
289 Posts
No need to mod. Remove the ring on the led bulbs and place it in first. ******* around with the ring on the bulb isn’t possible. There’s not enough room to see. Take the ring off the bulb and fit it in first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No need to mod. Remove the ring on the led bulbs and place it in first. ******* around with the ring on the bulb isn’t possible. There’s not enough room to see. Take the ring off the bulb and fit it in first.
Thanks for the reply mate, 30 days later! :laugh:
My mechanic actually got it installed like this:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DIaJrbeLbtnTQulE3

But sadly I had to depart and move across provinces before he had time to install the H11 lamps (originals are H11b) - those don't fit at all, the connector is entirely different.

I am returning those to seller on Amazon... need to find alternative H11b that is 100% fit.

Here is link for the H11 status - I have nowhere to connect them to.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ujbu5mNrIXeTztyS2

·
Registered
289 Posts
Lol sorry. Didn’t see your reply. If you got the LED bulbs, the outer housing ring of the bulb is removable. It goes in first and then you lock the bulb into the outer housing ring. For the h11b, get H11 bulbs. Then cut the ends of the harness and put spade connectors on.

Thanks for the reply mate, 30 days later! :laugh:
My mechanic actually got it installed like this:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DIaJrbeLbtnTQulE3

But sadly I had to depart and move across provinces before he had time to install the H11 lamps (originals are H11b) - those don't fit at all, the connector is entirely different.

I am returning those to seller on Amazon... need to find alternative H11b that is 100% fit.

Here is link for the H11 status - I have nowhere to connect them to.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ujbu5mNrIXeTztyS2

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lol sorry. Didn’t see your reply. If you got the LED bulbs, the outer housing ring of the bulb is removable. It goes in first and then you lock the bulb into the outer housing ring. For the h11b, get H11 bulbs. Then cut the ends of the harness and put spade connectors on.
Thanks for the reply, but I ended up returning the H11s to Amazon, I didn't understand the advices here.

Would really help to have visual video if someone is up to show how to replace the factory H11b with H11.

BTW, I did notice that the H7 High Beams in Daytime Running Lights mode, are narrower than the low beams H11b - however they are bright enough in DRL to illuminate the road even at night, making it interesting, now I have like 4 modes of lights:
1) none 2) DRL 3) Low beams 4) High beams

·
Registered
289 Posts
I’m in the process of selling my Santa Fe otherwise I’d do an instructional for you. With the bulb in hand, you will see the locking tabs that go inside the bulb Holden. This ring around the bulb ( that locks into the bulb holder ) comes off the bulb. Turn it left to loosen it off the bulb. Remove it and install into the bulb holder . Then install the bulb into the ring.

By bulb holder I mean the headlight lens.

Thanks for the reply, but I ended up returning the H11s to Amazon, I didn't understand the advices here.

Would really help to have visual video if someone is up to show how to replace the factory H11b with H11.

BTW, I did notice that the H7 High Beams in Daytime Running Lights mode, are narrower than the low beams H11b - however they are bright enough in DRL to illuminate the road even at night, making it interesting, now I have like 4 modes of lights:
1) none 2) DRL 3) Low beams 4) High beams

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have ideas on how to install H11 Fanless LED? I tried putting the bulb in and realize that the connector plug isn't the same. Anyone have pics or instruction on how the bulbs to install

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to your local auto store and buy some H11 pigtails. Snap out the OEM H11B connector, cut (leave 1" on the original) the H11B off. Install some connectors to splice in the new H11 pigtails and you're set. If you want to get fancy you can take out the headlight housings and hide the wires so that you can put the dust caps back on but I don't think it's worth the bother. Should take less than an hour to do and cost <$20.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought H7 HIDs and installed in my 2008 Santa Fe. Really like the difference they make for my headlights. The regular ones kept burning out so I hope these last.
Aukee 55W H7 HID Xenon Headlight Conversion Kit with Canbus - from Amazon.ca

·
Registered
10 Posts
What kit are people in the UK fitting? I recall hearing that to pass the MOT they have to be self-levelling?
My understanding is that using LED replacement kits on exterior lights are not legal for road use in the UK. So ok for interior lights or off-road.

But think you're referring to HIDs?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looking for a good fanless LED H7 bulb.

I purchased these from Amazon a while ago and realized they won't fit because my headlights have a plastic cap that screw in behind the bulb to keep the elements out of enclosure. I suppose I could leave the cap off but not yet. Has anyone found a good bulb that works?

Here's what I bought.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G16BTF6/[/ame]

481 - 497 of 497 Posts