Hyundai Forums banner

461 - 480 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Pawelek,

Do you like those LEDs?

Are they nice and bright and white? Also do you have any issues with glare when someone is in front of the lights? Do you get people flash you with their high beams thinking you had yours on?

I have some HIDs now and I really don't like them. I want to switch them to LEDs but I've read that LEDs are not suitable for our projector type headlights.

Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey,

HIDs are terrible in our projectors. I found them scattering light and blinding if not adjusted low. Which also decreases the range of the lights. The LED lights have a super crisp cut off with ZERO scatter. I was seriously amazed. I went from a 55w 5000k kit to these and they're really that great.

I'd rate them like this ( brightness + range ):

OEM halogen: 3/10
55W HIDs : 6/10
LED 9/10

Go with the led, it's really that great. I would have said LEDs are 10/10 but the fans on the bulbs are a little loud after extended periods. Loud is maybe a strong word, audible I guess I'd say. It just sounds like your engine fan is on. Not a big deal and most people wouldn't notice. Make sure to install the bulbs with the leds being horizontal.

Hi Pawelek,

Do you like those LEDs?

Are they nice and bright and white? Also do you have any issues with glare when someone is in front of the lights? Do you get people flash you with their high beams thinking you had yours on?

I have some HIDs now and I really don't like them. I want to switch them to LEDs but I've read that LEDs are not suitable for our projector type headlights.

Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you Pawelek!

I ordered those LEDs and they should be here today. I can't wait to try them.

You are 100% correct that those HIDs are terrible! I have the 35W so I'm not really sure if they are any better than the stock halogens.

I will make sure the LEDs are horizontal.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
42 Posts
UPDATE.

Got my LEDs yesterday and installed them.....one word....WOW!!!

Pawelek were right! Not that I think you were lying but boy....HID and LED are night and day! LEDs are really superior over those HIDs. I didn't have a chance to drive them at night yet but just looking on the wall, the light output is fuller. No dark or uneven spots!

One question....did you sealed the hole you cut for the dust cover? I know the fan needs a place to expelled the air but at the same time that dust cover was sealed for a reason. Mine is open at the moment but thought about sealing them with some electrical tape but logic is telling me not to.

Also I can't have the LEDs horizontal (LEDs up and down). The only way to have it installed correctly is vertical (LEDs to the left and right) and reading the small installation manual it also said vertical installation. I have the H11 bulbs.

Thanks for that recommendation Pawelek!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I've been following the conversation over the last couple of pages and I'm a little unclear about a couple of things:

Are there any LEDs available for the H11B halogens? The side mounted connections are peculiar to the H11B and I don't want to make changes to my car's wiring to accomodate another connection arrangement. There are used car warranty issues.

Are all the LEDs available in only 6000K color temperature? I don't want a bluish light so I'd like to find something like 5000K LEDs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are not B connectors so I had to cut the plastic around the LED connectors to fit the connectors coming from the headlights. I have to pull the headlight connectors out from its little holder so I can get the length I needed to connect it to the LED. Because of the modification the connections are not tight or "clicked" so I wrapped electrical tape around them to ensure a tight fit and keep moisture out.

I had to pulled the wires out anyway when I had the HIDs. It is hard to find H11B HIDs as well.

Hope that make sense and I can take some pics if you need them.

It is 6000K and it looks white. The HIDs were 6000K as well and those were blueish.

I didn't see any 5000K bulbs when I clicked on the link provided by Palawek. I wanted 5000K as well because the experience I had with my HIDs but the LED 6000K is definitely white on the wall. I will have to take a drive at night to see if it was white or bluish on the streets. They do look whiter than the HID. I had one HID and one LED on during installation to compare.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The correct way to install them in our projectors is horizontal ( LEDs facing left and right ). I was thinking of sealing them up but I'm going to wait and see how it goes this winter.

UPDATE.

Got my LEDs yesterday and installed them.....one word....WOW!!!

Pawelek were right! Not that I think you were lying but boy....HID and LED are night and day! LEDs are really superior over those HIDs. I didn't have a chance to drive them at night yet but just looking on the wall, the light output is fuller. No dark or uneven spots!

One question....did you sealed the hole you cut for the dust cover? I know the fan needs a place to expelled the air but at the same time that dust cover was sealed for a reason. Mine is open at the moment but thought about sealing them with some electrical tape but logic is telling me not to.

Also I can't have the LEDs horizontal (LEDs up and down). The only way to have it installed correctly is vertical (LEDs to the left and right) and reading the small installation manual it also said vertical installation. I have the H11 bulbs.

Thanks for that recommendation Pawelek!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes I do believe the DRL/Hi Beam are the same bulb. Can't recall the bulb type but the low beam is H7 so I'd assume the hi beam is identical. I'd double check but it's pouring rain here lol

I put in this LED kit for my low beams:
[/url]
I have a Santa Fe 2010 (Canadian, so DRL)
I am totally new to this... I can't tell, what else do I need to buy to install them beside that link from Amazon.ca? Can I do it myself? What about the dust hole that was mentioned? did you re-seal it later?

I am in Saskatoon, but in a few weeks going to drive to Halifax, so I want the LEDs to make driving at night easier and safer...
I want for both low and high beams.

Thanks for sharing any insight that could help a mechanically clueless guy like me! :surprise:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Buy those bulbs, take your ol bulbs out, put new ones in, either leave the bulb cover off or take a hole saw and cut a clean hole. You can’t seal it up fully. It really makes no difference though. VERY easy job, you got this.

I have a Santa Fe 2010 (Canadian, so DRL)
I am totally new to this... I can't tell, what else do I need to buy to install them beside that link from Amazon.ca? Can I do it myself? What about the dust hole that was mentioned? did you re-seal it later?

I am in Saskatoon, but in a few weeks going to drive to Halifax, so I want the LEDs to make driving at night easier and safer...
I want for both low and high beams.

Thanks for sharing any insight that could help a mechanically clueless guy like me! :surprise:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Buy those bulbs, take your ol bulbs out, put new ones in, either leave the bulb cover off or take a hole saw and cut a clean hole. You can’t seal it up fully. It really makes no difference though. VERY easy job, you got this.
Thanks! I will order, but which one? T1 or K7?
I suppose H11 is for low beams and H7 for high beams?

·
Registered
669 Posts
So you're all set! Honestly they're all the same ****. All produced in China...

Personally, I almost never use high beams so it doesn't make sense to me to do high beams. I just left the OEM bulbs. The DRL bulbs I also left stock.
Thanks for your response Pawelek.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Canadian Santa Fe's DRL/High-Beam bulb is a shared H7 bulb???

Cheers!
That is correct. They did that to simplify things, since Canada - like Denmark has for years - requires lights burn when the ignition is on.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Are there any LEDs available for the H11B halogens? The side mounted connections are peculiar to the H11B and I don't want to make changes to my car's wiring to accomodate another connection arrangement. There are used car warranty issues.

Are all the LEDs available in only 6000K color temperature? I don't want a bluish light so I'd like to find something like 5000K LEDs..
Shoot, decent H11b bulbs of any kind were hard to find until recently. I have found no LED plug & play replacement bulbs. The best I can do is the GP-Thunder 7000K lamps, and as you noted, they're blueish (they are standard bulbs, not HID).

Now, just appearing blue is not a handicap for LED (or HID) bulbs. The Kelvin temperature determines the appearance. The LED lamps throw clear white illumination for the most part, unless they are artificially tinted, like many of the cheap halogen and xenon bulbs are. That takes light off the road, not what you want. Blueish LED bulbs (around 7500K +) aren't tinted (unless they are cheap knock offs), and the light cast isn't being shaded by a tint. I am not an engineer nor am I a colormetrics expert, so I can't tell you why (or how) that works, but it does.

·
Registered
289 Posts
T1 is what I bought. It’s cheaper as well. I think the K1 series is newer. If you want to save money grab the T1s. They’re great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
T1 is what I bought. It’s cheaper as well. I think the K1 series is newer. If you want to save money grab the T1s. They’re great.
Sorry, for some reason I did not get reply notification.

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Canadian (DRL lights)

No flicker issues or anything with the T1?
So to conclude, H7 is for BOTH the high and low beams?

I don't fully understand what is special about the K7, does it emit more light? but not significantly enough to justify the price difference?

Thanks Pawelek!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not sure about your 2010, but the low and high beam is 2 different bulbs on my 07. No flicker issues or any issues. It’s far simpler than an HID system. Check out the sylvania website to get the bulb type for your low beams. The K7 are a little brighter slimmer and newer design. But also 75% more money over the T1.

Sorry, for some reason I did not get reply notification.

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Canadian (DRL lights)

No flicker issues or anything with the T1?
So to conclude, H7 is for BOTH the high and low beams?

I don't fully understand what is special about the K7, does it emit more light? but not significantly enough to justify the price difference?

Thanks Pawelek!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure about your 2010, but the low and high beam is 2 different bulbs on my 07. No flicker issues or any issues. It’s far simpler than an HID system. Check out the sylvania website to get the bulb type for your low beams. The K7 are a little brighter slimmer and newer design. But also 75% more money over the T1.
Thanks, I tried to look up on sylvania.com
But I cant see any wizard there to look bulb types.. is that the site you meant?

I think HSF 07 and 10 is practically the same in regards to lights..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Not sure about your 2010, but the low and high beam is 2 different bulbs on my 07. No flicker issues or any issues. It?s far simpler than an HID system. Check out the sylvania website to get the bulb type for your low beams. The K7 are a little brighter slimmer and newer design. But also 75% more money over the T1.
Thanks, I tried to look up on sylvania.com
But I cant see any wizard there to look bulb types.. is that the site you meant?

I think HSF 07 and 10 is practically the same in regards to lights..
https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg/

·
Registered
40 Posts
sylvania-automotive .com /apps/vlrg-us/Vlrg
Thank you! Didnt know what is sylvania at all :)

Now that I know low beam running lights are H11b, AND I have DRL, AND reading this:
forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/12619-h11-vs-h11b-yes-again-hear-me-out.html

(TL;DR: H11 has 3 times shorter lifespan, grounding cable makes shadow on road)

And the suggested seller on this thread:
amazon.ca/gp/product/B07545LPH6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Does not seem to be selling H11b

So, what is your recommendation guys?

PS: No links because of stupid form policy.. cant post links until my profile is 7 days old:frown:

·
Registered
669 Posts
They both look great, but you are paying a premium for the compact size and the more expensive bulbs are not CREE based LEDs, or at least the other model says it is and not this one. Canada has more variety of LED lamps available likely due to our weird restrictions here, and I was wondering why I didn't know what T1 vice K7 was, but it's the model numbers.

H11b bulb bases are hard to find any aftermarket parts for, and you are almost guaranteed to be taking a dremel to the base or replacing the incoming side of the wiring, so it really makes no difference. The H11 is the same as H11b electrical specs, the B part is just a twist and snap as opposed to standard clip based retention into the socket.

461 - 480 of 497 Posts