Hyundai Forums banner

1501 - 1508 of 1508 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
2012 Elantra just turned 100,000 miles. I had filled up in Phoenix and just started back from the Grand Canyon. Note the 48 mpg mileage. The total indicated round trip when I arrived home was 52 mpg. For this trip, I limited the speed to a maximum of 65 mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 08 Sante Fe. V-6. I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. When I first got it, ran excellent lots of power and gas mileage was 18 in town and 22-24 on hwy. Now it literally sucks !!!! It’s never had any mechanical issues (knock on wood) and just had it in shop to be checked out. Even though no lights on. A-ok. New tires. It’s got 92k in it. Ive our 23k since I owned it. Now it’s liteally getting 12-14 in town and 16-20 on hwy(20 if I’m super lucky). The only thing I can think of is I had to have the modular in the fuel tank replaced(can’t remember the part name ) . It wouldn’t start after getting gas. That’s the only issue. Does anyone have any ideas on to what’s going on ? Have new tires as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think I found a MPG sweet spot

On a 150 mile trip I do every month, I would average 79mph on the highway, cruise control on, 91 degrees ambient temperature and with the A/C on #1. I would average betwen 38.0 and 39.5 mpg.

For the same trip this month, I tried averaging 77mph on the highway, cruise control on, the ambient temperature was 98 degrees and I had the A/C set to #1. My mileage was 41.5 mpg.

The last time it was this high (41.4mpg), the ambient temp was 65 degrees, cruise on, A/C off and average speed was 80 mph. I chalked it up to the weather and having the A/C off.

So, for next month, I will try the same conditions and compare my mileage. The ambient is expected to be in the mid to upper 90's. To make sure that it's not the gauge pulling my leg, I'm going to do a proper fill and refill to check the actual gas used. I'll let you know what I find.

FYI: under these conditions, the tach is pulling 2,500 rpms

·
Registered
68 Posts
2016 Value Edion MPG

View attachment 55261 Taken a couple of weeks ago... Over the course of six days, mostly highway miles obviously. But still, I'm happy with my mileage :p This is no fluke, either, as my display currently reads 44.2 mpg avg. after 1/2 tank of fuel. It's been around 40 avg. all summer for me! Admittedly though, my grandpa thinks I drive like a grandpa... haha
I get 40 MGP going the sleed limit highway only.

get about 33MPG -34MPG Doing 75-85+

City Only driving with lost of acceleration and brakes all the time 18-20MPG.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a grandpa, what's wrong with that? 

I have no complaints with my mileage. Not only do I get great mileage, IMO, but I get it driving around town "in style!" 

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I'm a grandpa, what's wrong with that? 

I have no complaints with my mileage. Not only do I get great mileage, IMO, but I get it driving around town "in style!" 

Long as you get out of my way and stop blowing your horn at me, nothing (Some guy in a Nissan here kept blowing his horn at me...in the past week, I found he blows his horn at EVERYONE...)

BTW, I'm a grandpa myself...

·
Registered
129 Posts
My mpg dropped from around 38 highway to 31 highway.
Checked the fluids and the coolant was empty in the reservoir and down a small amount in the radiator, but not enough to trigger the warning lights.
Filled up the radiator and the reservoir and it bounced back to 38mpg again.

Something to watch for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m averaging 35mpg with a 96 mile round trip daily commute that takes about 3 hours. (Bay Area California)
I’m happy with that..I could probably get over 40mpg if I fueled up and immediately hit the highway doing 65mph cruise control the whole time...but I’d also be getting blown off the road by literally everyone! (Including big rigs)

1501 - 1508 of 1508 Posts
About this Discussion
1.5K Replies
251 Participants
TIMSPEED
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing