Hyundai Forums banner

261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post, and I'll admit that I'm new to trying to navigate these sorts of forums. I've searched around quite a bit and haven't found what I was looking for, but that doesn't mean that I didn't look in the right place...

Anyways, I just bought a new 2016 Elantra GT with style/tech packages. I'm looking to upgrade the factory speakers and am looking for information on the stock HU. My tentative plan is to replace the front door woofer/tweeter combo with JBL components, and the rear door full range with 2-way JBLs. I may also add a JBL Basslink SL under the passenger seat if it is still lacking in low end. I'm not planning on amping the stock replacement JBLs. I'm not a basshead -- clarity > trunk rattling.

Here are my questions if anyone has any answers:
What kind of wattage (RMS and peak) does the factory HU push out? At what ohm load?
Where can I find a wiring diagram for a 2016 Elantra GT with navi?
Are the rear door speakers special in any way? (factory system has surprising low end and I was wondering if rear door woofers might actually be subs)
Any other info/advice?

·
Registered
844 Posts
First post, and I'll admit that I'm new to trying to navigate these sorts of forums. I've searched around quite a bit and haven't found what I was looking for, but that doesn't mean that I didn't look in the right place...

Anyways, I just bought a new 2016 Elantra GT with style/tech packages. I'm looking to upgrade the factory speakers and am looking for information on the stock HU. My tentative plan is to replace the front door woofer/tweeter combo with JBL components, and the rear door full range with 2-way JBLs. I may also add a JBL Basslink SL under the passenger seat if it is still lacking in low end. I'm not planning on amping the stock replacement JBLs. I'm not a basshead -- clarity > trunk rattling.

Here are my questions if anyone has any answers:
What kind of wattage (RMS and peak) does the factory HU push out? At what ohm load?
Where can I find a wiring diagram for a 2016 Elantra GT with navi?
Are the rear door speakers special in any way? (factory system has surprising low end and I was wondering if rear door woofers might actually be subs)
Any other info/advice?
180 watts per the Hyundai website- don't know the ohms. The non-Tech HU is 175 Watts I believe.
From others that have upgraded the speakers, I was under the understanding all 4 door speakers were identical.

I upgraded my Navi/ Tech sound system by adding a Clarion Amp (300 watts 4x75) ... it boosted the clarity of the stock speakers, gave more volume at lower settings, and boosted the bass considerably when turned up some. The amp I bought fit nicely behind the dash and head unit. I didn't feel the need to upgrade the speakers, but that would be a second option.
It rattles/ buzzes my doors when turned up and I am outside the car (washing).

Just my experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm planning on replacing the stock speakers and adding an amp in my 2013 GT. Reading some of the posts here, I've settled on the Clarion XC1410 amp, but unsure of which speakers to get. I'm also not sure if I should swap out the front speakers, since they have a separate tweeter and installing a pair of speakers upfront might be trickier (more expensive). Any thoughts or suggestions offered will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anybody installed a CarPlay compatible receiver in their cars? CarPlay is kind of a killer feature for me, and I just missed the update (2014 GT with Tech & Style).

I've been looking at this Sony model, but it seems to have some odd issues with regards to the steering wheel controls. Since the Sony HU is able to program the steering wheel buttons itself, it does not require the use of an adapter box, but it still would require a couple of the wires to be broken out into a 3.5mm connection (to plug into the remote port). Or would the HU have pins from the steering wheel controls themselves? Clearly, I'm very confused.

Additionally, while I think the sound is pretty **** good, I was taking a look at a pair of Infinity Reference speakers; I know the Nav unit pushes a decent amount of power, but would be curious if it's worth shelling out the extra cash. Since tweeters and 2-ways are often paired, I'm wondering if it would really throw the sound off and make it any worse.

Any updates or information would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post so I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask the question.

On my 2013 Elantra GT radio, all the AM channels have stopped working (constant buzz). All the FM channels still work as do the satellite channels. Is there an obvious point of failure, like the antenna, that I should be investigating?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anybody happen to have the pin out for the 2014 eGT Navigation Radio? I saw it posted on Elantra Club, but I can’t access it since they don’t allow registrations anymore. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Does anybody happen to have the pin out for the 2014 eGT Navigation Radio? I saw it posted on Elantra Club, but I can’t access it since they don’t allow registrations anymore. Any info would be much appreciated.
I still have access to Elantra Club... though a banner says it will be closing soon.

I did a quick look around in the i30 Audio/ Electrical section.. is this what you were looking for?

unfortunately the quality of copying the one image degraded it severely. Might be able to help you with that with access to the original posted image which was much easier to read. The others copied easier as they were attachments.
post-34-1352042132.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing Factory Head Unit

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has information on replacing the factory head unit on the 13 Elantra GT. I have the non-touch screen model, and want to replace it with the Navigation/touch model that is in other GTs'. I would try to replace it with an aftermarket, but I would like to retain the steering wheel controls. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I bought a 2013 Elantra GT, to get Nav it required a package including sunroof. Package was expensive, and really didn't want a sunroof. Thought I was smart and bought Compass-NAV. Compass-NAV modified the original head unit (instead of replacing it) and added a larger display/touch screen. Also added an OEM backup camera. System worked great until now. The screen when dark. Contacted Compass-Nav for a replacement screen. Their supplier has stopped making the components, so I'm out of luck. Bought an OEM Nav head unit from LKQ and hoped it would be plug and play. It's not. 2 large connectors from the car plugged in OK, but 2 connectors are missing from the car. Satellite antenna for the head unit is plugged into another module that is mounted under the dashboard, above the head unit. There is also a white connector plugged into this unit.
Right now, AM, FM and Satellite radio works. NAV almost works, but is not getting a satellite signal, so car doesn't know where it is. Steering wheel controls don't work.

Any help would be appreciated. Pinouts for the OEM Nav head unit. Do I need to change the module above the head unit; or bypass this module and wire direct to the head unit? Something else. Thanks in advance for any help Brent

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Elantra GT a few weeks ago.

Added a Pioneer MVH 1400 NEX head unit,
Replaced all 4 Door speakers with Kicker 6.5's 100 RMS
10" Kicker sub.
All speakers run off my 5 Channel Pioneer Amp.
Still in the process of installing the backup camera.

I love the sound compared to the stock head unit & speakers.

The only thing I haven't figured out has to do with the tweeters connected to the front door speakers.
I have read that the tweeters obviously have a High Pass Crossover.
But the front door speaker must have a Low Pass Crossover of some sort because only the lower sounds are coming out.
Would love to have full sound from the front door speaker.

261 - 271 of 271 Posts