Hyundai Forums banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, I saw a Phoenix Orange Elantra when I went for my last routine service and thought it looked really nice. I think the more reserved design of the 2017 model allows for the brighter, bolder colours like the orange, blues, and red to be more effective without being too flashy. I have that 'current model year' insurance so if my car gets totaled and I had to pick an AD Elantra as a replacement, while I still like the design of the MD I don't think I'd be unhappy in an AD with a brighter colour.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Id prefer my current style!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Avante AD

Upgrade list: BBS wheels, Kumho tires, Brembo brakes, rotors, window tint and black outside mirror caps.

FYI: the DRL inside the headlights are OEM on the Avante.

Pictures like this are sooo-....gnarly! Once the sport model is available, I plan on deeply modifying my car much like the owner did with this Avante minus the Brembo brakes. (Sigh) Brembo costs too much. I rather modify other parts.

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Avante AD

Upgrade list: BBS wheels, Kumho tires, Brembo brakes, rotors, window tint and black outside mirror caps.

FYI: the DRL inside the headlights are OEM on the Avante.

Pictures like this are sooo-....gnarly! Once the sport model is available, I plan on deeply modifying my car much like the owner did with this Avante minus the Brembo brakes. (Sigh) Brembo costs too much. I rather modify other parts.
Shop around, man. Used to be I'd have to scan car mags, call someone, get another number, call them, get another number, etc.

Now we got this thing called the Interweb, and it's wayyy too easy. No thought required!

I'd bet if you poked around you'd be able to find some Brembos for less than full boat.

Let me give you one thing I learned a long time ago: you got this thing in your pocket. No, no, the other thing. Call Brembo, and ask them if they can guide you to a reseller with the lowest prices. It's worked for me plenty in the past.

Now I just use Amazon...shoulda bought the damm stock when it was a buck...:mad:

PS: Also try Endless, and see if they have anything. They usually aren't cheap, however.

·
22,785 Posts
Now I just use Amazon...shoulda bought the damm stock when it was a buck...:mad:
Yeah, tell me about it. Or Microsoft, eBay, and a few of the "better" dot.com IPO's. Or gold for $35.?? ounce when first released for private purchase by the Fed. Sigh....

Edit: Red Brembo's belong on a white Elantra, IMHO. Yellow would be a stark contrast on that new blue color.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Shop around, man. Used to be I'd have to scan car mags, call someone, get another number, call them, get another number, etc.

Now we got this thing called the Interweb, and it's wayyy too easy. No thought required!

I'd bet if you poked around you'd be able to find some Brembos for less than full boat.

Let me give you one thing I learned a long time ago: you got this thing in your pocket. No, no, the other thing. Call Brembo, and ask them if they can guide you to a reseller with the lowest prices. It's worked for me plenty in the past.

PS: Also try Endless, and see if they have anything. They usually aren't cheap, however.
Oh, so now we're talking about pocket jokes. No worries my amigo, I have really deep pockets in both senses :wink: I know, I know. I suppose the issue at hand is discovering the right reseller I can fully trust with my life (no joke). I don't want to end up like this guy because of knockoffs....

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Oh, so now we're talking about pocket jokes. No worries my amigo, I have really deep pockets in both senses :wink: I know, I know. I suppose the issue at hand is discovering the right reseller I can fully trust with my life (no joke). I don't want to end up like this guy because of knockoffs....
Just keep them outta your pockets...

No Endless. Japanese/Euro only.

·
22,785 Posts
161 - 173 of 173 Posts