Hyundai Forums banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
i think i may be the first owner. we bought our 2017 on january 28th and at least was the first one sold in corpus christi. it was the floor model and had the features we wanted. that day was the first day we ever even sat in a hyundai and rode tested one. we came back and decided on the floor model. we love it!

and i became a member of the forum that day (i think.)

:)

·
22,785 Posts
AWESOME!!! We have a winner! :thumbsup: :grin2: incredible car, all I can say. Simply incredible!

·
22,785 Posts
wow it took a new car to have OkieRich come back on the forum after all that time, congrats on your new car and welcome back :)
Thanks, sir. And a new home, and TWO new great grandsons one year apart...and some travel, couple long distant away football games with sons.

Good to get back, in moderation, that is...

·
22,785 Posts
It's like the expensive Audis and Benzs, their styling is very simple and dated looking.
Admittedly, I was a "Form" kind of guy. Dating back to '57 Chevy's, '65 Mustangs, 67 GTO's, and Chevelle's, 70's Celica GT's, 80's CRX Si's and RX-7's, and so on. So, when I glimpsed at the 2011 Elantra, it was its form that tugged at me at first sight. And it's function was a bonus.

Now we have the redesigned 2017. And, much like my original dislike for the '67 Camaro, this Elantra's form didn't "knock me out." I found the new E to be easy on the eyes, with some dramatic retooling in areas. I had already seen some of these design mods on other models; the Sonata, Genesis, and to a mild extent, a dash of Azera tossed in for good measure.

That's when function stepped into the picture and slapped me upside the head. More function than I imagined was possible on an economy car offering.

This is similar to marrying the Prom Queen. She's hot, she can microwave but she can't cook anything from scratch or cook much more than a 3 course meal, sans dessert. And she's high maintenance. So, this 2017 is the equivalent of the HomeEc valedictorian. She's got good looks. Not eye-popping, but still good. She can cook, cause your eyes to roll back in your head at night, and make you feel like a million bucks after a difficult day.

I'll take function now, kids. :grin:

·
22,785 Posts
Slap a bit of tint on those windows, and you have the ride of your life. Good luck learning everything. Two words: ROAD TRIP!!!!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm waiting for the sport model to come out...but I thought it would be cool to post a pic with the hid lights on at night.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hey that looks WICKED on that car!
Congratulations on your new Elantra. Did you get it with an automatic, or manual? That pic I posted does look sweet. Another forum member pointed out in another thread in which I posted the same pic, the white balance on the camera most likely is what is causing that pic to appear to have blue headlights.

Well, at least everyone knows how it would look like to replace the factory HID bulb for a 6,500k bulb :wink:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Digging back all the way to the start of this thread, I was a little surprised no one posted these pics. Here's the steel type and the locations they're in.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts