Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Genesis still has the original tires at approx 25k miles and I have not even had to rotate them.

Just curious what kind of mileage others have gotten out of their OEM tires and what did you replace them with that you may have liked better than the originals?

When we first bought the car the OEM tires were kind of noisy but quickly improved or silenced in due time. They came from the dealership <Factory?> with nitrogen in them and do not lose much pressure from month to month.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction.... mileage on the Genesis is 33k. Just checked today. My wife drives it daily, I hardly ever drive it anymore unless we go on vacation but for some reason, I thought we had fewer miles on it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Mileage varies by vehicle, type of driving etc. Mine went 30,000, OEM tread depth is normally less than replacement tires.You have done well but also remember that manufacturers suggest not running on tires that are over 6 years old due to cracks etc. You are approaching that marker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My OEM’s on 2012 were Michelin. I got somewhere between 60k/70k. I’m at 115k now on the replacements and still have a bit to go.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not to be a smartypants but it really depends. My new Mazda pickup, I drove OEM Bridgestone to 75K mi. They got noisy, skittish, but I was young and foolish :) Later I had a Mazda MPV, that thing had faulty alignment from day1, just chewed up tires. Dealer said it was normal. (My co-worker had a new Ford with a howling rear end, dealer said they all sound like that. lol)
Anyway, the tires shoulders were smooth at 30K. So, rotate tires and monitor abnormal wear, like shoulders, cups, etc. Check with tire depth gauge. Minimum at Lincoln's head on a nickel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts