Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello there. Greetings from Greece. I recently owned a tucson my2019 without oem silver metallic roof rails. How can i remove the stock roof sills so i can place the rails? Is there any possibility to place them? :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
You CAN find some rails on ebay (example), but be careful not to buy the ones made out of ABS plastic, that just get fixed with double sided adhesive tape. They are only decorative and will NOT hold roof carriers, with a great risk of separating from the car at high speeds and damaging your belongings and cars behind you.
Here is a link to an OEM part site: https://www.partshyundai.com/v-2017-hyundai-tucson--limited--1-6l-l4-gas/body--luggage-carrier You can see it's affixed with screws and it totals about $460 in parts (plus labor)

So if you want them for carying stuff on the roof, you can just buy roof bars that fit on the roof without the rails (example from thule) it is much cheaper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty for the response mate! :smile:

do i need to drill holes on the roof?

i found these ebaycom/itm/New-Genuine-OEM-Roof-Rack-Baggage-Luggage-Rail-Bar-set-for-Hyundai-Tucson-15-16/232160901229?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 but they dont have any screws for attach them to the roof like these u sent me. :/

ps: cant post a link :crying2:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those look like the real deal (not plastic - hence the price) but I don't know how you can mount them - I think you need to go to a dealership and ask around

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look like the real deal (not plastic - hence the price) but I don't know how you can mount them - I think you need to go to a dealership and ask around
i asked the dealer but he said me double the price than ebay.

if i dont find a solution about oem roof rails, i think i would install the decorative ones with 3m VHB and maybe drill them on car's molding trims.. :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you find a solution? I am asking from Velmar the same thing and they say they cannot fix the rails because their online system does not allow to order the part.
I am writing in english because I don't know if the forum would allow me to write in greek...
Ευχαριστω!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found some roof rails in aliexpress. They look like oem ones but you cant upload weight on them (no screws but douple tape fitment), only for decoration purposes. I' ll order them and I'll uplaod photos from fitment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts