Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement to the 2012 stock Elantra radio. I'm interested in getting a touchscreen that has GPS, bluetooth, works with steering wheel functions and also supports my XM radio (USB port on the face would be nice also). I went to a local car radio shop and they said if I replace my factory radio ide have to buy a Sirius XM tuner which they quoted around $270. Is there a radio unit that I can get that will support everything I need and not force me into buying a XM tuner? Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I've been looking to buy Part #965603X150RA5 which is an OEM upgrade part that has included XM and also GPS. My question is, am I going to run into any issues installing this stereo into my 2012 Elantra that didn't originally come with GPS or is there a GPS antenna that I can use in conjunction?

·
Registered
941 Posts
You need the gps antenna which probably was not built into yours, so youll need the antenna and all the wiring and run it to the radio.............. probably. I'm just speculating here.

·
Registered
941 Posts
as far as I know the gps antenna is built into the shark fin assembly.. it has the fm/xm/gps antenna all in one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts